2017 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

You can't ignore something that didn't happen
Hamilton caused a collision. It doesn't matter if it was brake testing or god asking him to do so. Same rule that has been applied to vettel. You cause an avoidable collision, you get punished.

This discussion is like: Football game, one player is smashing the other player in the face, other player smashes back with more force, gets penalized, and the first player evades punishment, because he "got hit back" :whistling:

Sebastian should have been given a fifteen second penalty for that contact.
It was as blatant as they come and showed a complete lack of sportsmanship.
I'd be saying the same for any driver who did that.
The last driver I can remember doing this was Maldonado.
It is Sebastian's responsibility to maintain the gap to the leading car...regardless of the circumstances.
I don't think he got 'brake-checked' at all.
How many time have we seen a driver slow up to get a run once the Safety-car is about to be called in?
SV appeared to be caught off-guard...maybe he was making an adjustment in the cockpit.
What ever the reason, it really doesn't matter.
You cannot simply drive up along side any competitor for ANY reason and 'bash' wheels intentionally.
That is NOT allowed...in any form of motorsport....EVER.

Last edited:
Pretty simple, you run into the back of somebody under yellow, it's your fault outside extreme circumstances.

Vettel accelerated into the back of Hamilton and that was it, there was no brake check - which can be seen with broadcast telemetry.

Then Vettel intentionally swiped Hamilton in a fit of rage - inexcusable and should have been an automatic black flag.

Hamilton going slow doesn't give Vettel the right to drive through him, especially at that point.

In what way?:O_o: He's controlling the pace behind safety car and everyone else just have to adapt to that pace.
Ohhh c'mon! We all know in what way, just stop defending hamilton for every single thing he does. He's human, he makes mistakes and that's one. We can discuss about the fact that vettel might deserve a heavier penalty, but there should be no discussion about what hamilton has done.

Stroppy queen of the day award --- Vettel. That was the actions of a teenage girl behind the wheel. Try doing that next time you're driving through downtown LA, big man.
Ferrari should rehire Alonso for next season now.

Ohhh c'mon! We all know in what way, just stop defending hamilton for every single thing he does. He's human, he makes mistakes and that's one. We can discuss about the fact that vettel might deserve a heavier penalty, but there should be no discussion about what hamilton has done.
Trust me, I'm really not defending him. Never liked the guy. But what he did is normal behavior behind safety car, especially right before the safety car is going away.

Trust me, I'm really not defending him. Never liked the guy. But what he did is normal behavior behind safety car, especially right before the safety car is going away.
It was way excessive compared to the other 1000 times i've seen that kind of situation.

It was way excessive compared to the other 1000 times i've seen that kind of situation.
It was just an unlucky incident. Right when Hamilton slowed down, Vettel did a slight acceleration and then it just happened.

Hamilton could have been investigated with Vettel being the victim until Vettel turned into Lewis. At that point, the stewards had nothing else to do. Vettel has no place in attacking another driver like that and deserves to have the book thrown at him.

Yup, exactly - I am rooting for Vettel in this championship fight, but he got what was coming to him in this case.

This is exactly how it usually goes down in American football as well - the refs rarely catch/punish the first guy...more times than not, the retaliator is the only individual/team penalized. Lesson: keep yourself under control!

Just to add fuel to the fire... this was the the corner of the incident.
DDLpvqrXgAAAToD.jpg:large

Poor Verstappen again. The whole weekend faster than Ricciardo, just like the last couple of races and then on Sunday that stupid Renault engine breaks down again, or some other stupid bad luck.

It seems that this time it was the "Other stupid bad luck": Debris in the engine cooling vents. (Okay the stupid engine still broke down but this time it wasn't because of the engine being stupid, it was because of all the carnage!)

Also, that was a really fun race to watch. A Red Bull winning? Lance Stroll on the podium? The youtube comments on the buildup to this race often said that Baku should be removed from the calendar, I do wonder if they'll still be saying that now :p. There were some nice overtake manoeuvres between all the carnage, and I still don't really know what to make of this race. But damn, this is one for the history books. Not bad for a circuit that has only seen it's second use.

Hamilton turned 2 times obviously into Rosberg and pushed him off track back the days. He didn't got a penalty after all. That's ridiculous. But that goes in-line with other recent stewart-decisions. F1 is really f*cked up these days.

Dutch satirical website 'De speld' said Max Verstappen will drive the next race in 1993 Volvo 240. Max said: 'extremely reliable, it only has done 763,000km, and this way I will see the finish line again'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back