2017 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Boo-Hoo....So Lewis got held up, shame!
Great drive from Vettel, who controlled things up front and could have gone a lot quicker if needed I think. Ferrari is here to stay this year and even Kimi set fastest lap towards the end just to prove how quick they are.
Can see lot's of moaning this year about Lewis bad luck etc......can't wait.
Well done Ferrari, you deserve it!!

Incredibly boring race in 2016, Mercedes wins: Booo, F1 sucks
Incredibly boring race in 2017, a non Mercedes car wins: Amazing race! Who cares about overtaking, it wasn't that important!

It was basically a race of the mid 2000s era, waiting until a pitstop decides (or not) the result of the race.
mid-2000s, but with competition, & the formula is a baseline to advance from & not an ultimate culmination. i also think racing will improve naturally over the course of the season as drivers learn the race limits of the new tires; theyre a massive shift.

but yeah, youre not WRONG...though i dont think anyone (outside of the most die-hard tifosi) has suddenly done a 180 on the importance of close racing. mercedes 3-year run of domination has been unparalleled in the sport; F1 fans are giddy about the prospect of ferrari taking it to them this season, because thats what fans do. theyre not suddenly blind to the big picture because of one race, just finding joy in the possibility that a major part of it looks like it could, finally, be a lot more interesting now.

not pointing the finger at you here, but bc your comment walks along the same line, but (all importantly) the other side of the street: so many people can't withstand a sport in which constant change is part of the package, & yet they hang around, doing their best to deride the pleasure those who are sitting where they were years ago now take from it. theyll always be around & in a few years i might be one them, but since this formula was announced part of me has felt gratified that one side-effect is that its gonna empty the chamber, kill the myth of the Latest Last True Era. kill em all dead and move forward.

I want to share an idea. Because the reaction of Toto Wolf was too showy in front of TV cam, It's possible that it is a great fiction?
I mean that today the F1 Circus is a big business and without the Ferrari at the top, the TV share is in downhill. Mercedes know that important is not only win, but sell cars, and what best way then have battle with the most important raceteam in F1? Sometimes seem that behind the races ther is a great director (remember when Vettel with redbull in last race was spin but he wins the champion the same) but is licit to think that can be all write in a sham project.

I want to share an idea. Because the reaction of Toto Wolf was too showy in front of TV cam, It's possible that it is a great fiction?
I mean that today the F1 Circus is a big business and without the Ferrari at the top, the TV share is in downhill. Mercedes know that important is not only win, but sell cars, and what best way then have battle with the most important raceteam in F1? Sometimes seem that behind the races ther is a great director (remember when Vettel with redbull in last race was spin but he wins the champion the same) but is licit to think that can be all write in a sham project.

What? If there is one race in history that was not fixed, it was the 2012 final; incredible race. Shame there are so many Vettel haters who didn't appreciate it. (Shame for them I mean)

Vettel would be loved by many more if he A: didnt complain as much and B: didnt f*ck Webber up the ass and escaping punishment as well. I'm a Ferrari fan and have been all my life, but I'd rather like to see Raikkonen pull his head out of his ass and win instead.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%