2017 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Ferrari joins the Mercedes into the fight and wins first round - great news for fans! Low degradation of the tires - great news for the drivers! Only 13 cars on finish, as usual in the first gp. Overtaking allmost impossible... Liberty Media debut - we are looking for better performance in China. Where are the bulls? McLaren... Bad luck era for Alonso exended by the next long year...

I enjoyed the race.
Overall was good.
Not overly worried about overtaking. In fact, I didnt saw anything different on this Australian GP, related to the others from previous years, in dry conditions. Quite the same usual history. This time was much better because we actually had a race for the win between 2 teams!
Im pretty sure that the DRS thing will be effective in other places.
I care much more for a balanced fight for the wins than overtakes, and Ferrari showed that Mercedes have a challenger for this year!
We could be in for a titanic and long Championship fight between Hamilton and Vettel.
Bottas did a very good race!

I was so excited about the new season starting, I even got up before the kids to watch it. Overall I found the race a bit boring, similar to last year. A game of pit strategy and being held up deciding the race isn't really my ideal Sunday morning watch.

Hopefully things will get closer over the next few races.

I think overall that race tells me three important things.

1. The new rules have not aided the ability to follow other cars.

2. I much prefer the harder tyre structures which mean they can go longer.

3. Mercedes need to up their game

I'm torn in half... I find the result fantastic, because it means the end of 3 years of constant domination (bar several races). But the lack of overtaking and action could be annoying..

It may be a past that you can't remember but I certainly can :)
I remember when there were 1 ~ 2 cars in the lead lap at the end of the race with occasional epic battles and a ton of engine failures. Not the "Indycar oval pack racing style" races that people believe that happened. Inb4 highlights videos from the past that can be done with nowadays races too.
Did the cars back then looked cool, sounded great and looked great on track with their lose rear? Yes.
One pass for the lead every lap at every race like some people believe? Nope.

I remember when there were 1 ~ 2 cars in the lead lap at the end of the race with occasional epic battles and a ton of engine failures. Not the "Indycar oval pack racing style" races that people believe that happened. Inb4 highlights videos from the past that can be done with nowadays races too.
Did the cars back then looked cool, sounded great and looked great on track with their lose rear? Yes.
One pass for the lead every lap at every race like some people believe? Nope.
Nobody is asking for one pass for the lead per lap.. but one pass for the lead full stop would be a start ;)

Hopefully this is mainly due to the nature of this track and things will be better in China. It is good to see Ferrari may be more of a challenge this season but we have been here before so let's not get too carried away just yet. I didn't find it very entertaining this morning that's the bottom line.

Massa 6th, noice.
It was also good to see Kvyat doing so well. Thought he was a broken man last season but he was on for finishing above his team mate before the engine problem so kudos to him for coming back strong. Takes character to bounce back from such a poor spell as he had.

Excellent point on Force India debut for Ocon too :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years