2017 British Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
British GP Driver of the Day.jpg

Lewis Hamilton wraps up yet another British Grand Prix victory at on Sunday afternoon, who was your driver of the day at Silverstone?

Hamilton led throughout the race from his exceptional pole position, however behind the Englishman several drivers produced outstanding performances during the British Grand Prix, from Daniel Ricciardo's fight through the field, Vettel and Verstappen going toe to toe for several laps and Valtteri Bottas delivering a superb recovery from eight on the grid, the stand out performances at Silverstone were many amongst the 20 current Formula One drivers.

Now the race is over and the end of race festivities have begun, who is our RaceDepartment community Driver of the Day? Leave your vote and drop a comment below!

• Deleted member 205301

palmer with no doubt .....at least, for once it's not his fault
Seriously should be between Hamilton, Bottas, ricciardo and Hulkenberg, I opted for this last one, 'cause we all knows that LH44 and RB guys have their own fans, so don't really needs encouragement...
@++

Ricciardo is the obvious choice followed by Bottas... Hamilton done nothing of worth other than just lap the superior mercedes out front.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

Ricciardo & Bottas had a great race, but Hamilton never put a foot wrong so he gets my vote..

I'm glad Vettel had problems, he needs to stop whining like a bitch about other drivers, and though I like Kimi he needs to stop having a face like he's been bitch slapped, smile Iceman.

About 10 laps were pretty good, some nice driving.

Bottas for me today...

Far too early to talk about title.
2 DNF or very low points for any of the top drives can dramatically change everything.

Rather torn between Ricciardo and Bottas but in the end I reckon Bottas put in a stellar performance, more career defining than his previous wins.
:cool:

Why did not we get to see Maldonado & kvyat in the same team :roflmao:
Yet a second consecutive boring race while LH takes another win...

Gladly, Bottas & Daniel saved the day for us with some action. Bottas did the job for benz while Daniel enjoyed himself out there. Bottas get my vote because his points today might kill the constructors championship (time will tell) and he is not that far behind in the drivers chp. so it is a win win situation...

Interesting to see who has been the driver of the day in previous races.
https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/awards/driver-of-the-day.html

Last edited:
My attention span during this race:

When the race got dull in the end, I told my parents that "Okay nothing is going to happen now" -- and then Bottas got really close to Vettel (our eyes were, as proud dutch, very firmly pointed at Max Verstappen). Then, I finally thought, *Okay, now nothing is going to happen*... and then the tyres happened :D

Also, Hamilton truly is world's fastest pop star isn't he? He does know how to please a crowd.

Last edited:
Verstappen - just for schooling vetelle; overtaking sv twice near the start, and defending like a trooper from there on. Superb.

They say bad luck generally evens out over the season, and it certainly is the case so far this year (in the DC fight).

Torpedo, Torpedo! :D
Lol what a bloke and he was brave to even complain... speechless.
Best thing about Kvyat is that ...well, it's his girlfriend.
Seriously, hard one... maybe Hulk, he got that not exactly fast Renault and yet he was right there, among the fastest. Good work Hulk, keep up mate.

I voted Hamilton, he hit that first corner and didn't look back. I think once he was clear, he just chilled out and hit his markers, literally nothing for him to worry about, I think he kept a lot of pace back and only let rip a couple of scorching lap-times in the closing stages. Controlled, cool and collected. well done. The perfect weekend for him, I bet if you said on Thursday you'll win the race he would've been content with that, but to win, and reduce the deficit to one point is really quite fortunate.

I think Verstappen outside overtake at the start, and gritty defending was telling, I think those actions kept vettel down and out. Bottas had an amazing race, okay a bit lucky Raikkonen;s tyres went, but he still had to put the move on Vettel and I am not sure all of the grid would've done that. He is really getting to grips with his Merc and you wouldn't write him off as a title contender either.

I was disappointed with Raikkonen's attitude on the podium. In my opinion, he is bottom of the top 4 stars, he's lucky to get anywhere near the podium, especially with Verstappen snapping at his heels like he and Ricciardo can do. Okay he was disappointed with missing out on second, but he damn near ended his race and finished nowhere, also if Vettels tyres had held out, he would've only finished 4th. As it was, he should've been really happy with 3rd and a productive weekend. When your ability is being called into question, and your being regularly trounced by your team mate, any opportunity to get one over him should be celebrated.

I was disappointed with Raikkonen's attitude on the podium. In my opinion, he is bottom of the top 4 stars, he's lucky to get anywhere near the podium, especially with Verstappen snapping at his heels like he and Ricciardo can do. Okay he was disappointed with missing out on second, but he damn near ended his race and finished nowhere, also if Vettels tyres had held out, he would've only finished 4th. As it was, he should've been really happy with 3rd and a productive weekend. When your ability is being called into question, and your being regularly trounced by your team mate, any opportunity to get one over him should be celebrated.
I feel like Kimi wanted Vettel to do well and is fine with supporting him. Apparently, Vettel just negotiated a contract for 3 years with Ferrari and wants another year for Kimi.
He's the multiple WDC we didn't get and I think he's alright with being a number 2 at this point. He will not admit it but honestly, it might just be what Ferrari needs to win one of the two championships this year.

I was disappointed with Raikkonen's attitude on the podium.
Let drivers be themselves not what we want them to be. Pretty soon drivers will be actors representing characters to please the fans. This fan stuff is making drivers like showbiz artists that's not good. Drivers should be admired by their achievements on the track and nothing but the track. Like real strong man and not like puppets.

Last edited:
I'm not a Hamilton fan, but I voted for him - he schooled them all today. Helps having a great car, and it's hard to know how competitive the Ferraris could have been, but from what I saw he did flawless driving for the win. Bottas was also very impressive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back