• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Valtteri Bottas

37.3%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

1.5%
  3. Sebastian Vettel

3.4%
  4. Kimi Raikkonen

2.5%
  5. Max Verstappen

0.5%
  6. Nico Hulkenberg

25.5%
  7. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Esteban Ocon

0.5%
  9. Fernando Alonso

9.8%
  10. Felipe Massa

2.9%
  11. Romain Grosjean

4.9%
  12. Stoffel Vandoorne

0.5%
  13. Kevin Magnussen

0.5%
  14. Pascal Wehrlein

4.4%
  15. Brendon Hartley

1.5%
  16. Pierre Gasly

0.5%
  17. Marcus Ericsson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Lance Stroll

2.9%
  19. Carlos Sainz

1.0%
  20. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +255
    The moment they announced the new logo. That was exciting.

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. arniesan

arniesan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    I voted Bottas for the sake of it, he won.
    What a boring final race and what have we got to look forward to next season?.
    The Halo and just 3 engines allowance...what a shame, F1 used to be an exciting sport to watch, now it is just a travelling circus and I will not be watching it next season.

3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    I voted for the Hulk. Not because of fair play, but of clever play. :devilish: Hope for him he will catch a place on the podium next year, he really deserves it imho. Further it really was a boring race. The fights in the tail of the field where probably the most exiting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +397
    He dove right onto start/finish straight, like he was on top three. Just an opposite as Vettel did, he was third and drove right into pits. Imagine Bottas and Hamilton face :roflmao:"what, isn't the Vettel third? oh yes, it must be another melodramatic Massa's goodbye".
    Let's just hope it's (another) last one. :alien:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +302
    I'd imagine that was all decided pre race provided Massa's car finished, hence why Vettel went into pits...

6. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +397
    I admit... I don't get it. Is it a .... joke ? Vettel, although third, let his spot(light) for Massa so he can say goodbye ...once more ?? :alien:
    We had many great drivers that retired recently and didn't make such a big fuss about it, like Button (world champ!) or Webber... Rosb... ok, forget about him and his "farewell" that was really really something :inlove::thumbsup:...different but Massa, boy... Brasil last year, Brasil this year, Yas Marina now,... I bet he will make another farewell in these upcoming tests at this same track. :notworthy:
    I find Massa a nice guy but I really don't get this... I'm not that type you know... like "I have to be in center of attention - cuz I'm a great F1 driver, legend, and almost (thanks to that pri*k Glock) a champion". Didn't knew he was like it too but it turns up he is. Or he simply don't want to go. And others keep make him do it.
    Just go man, go already.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    I couldn't be bothered watching.
    F1 is boring enough but Abu Dhabi compounds the felony.
    That aside, the final round of the V8 Supercars was highly entertaining and produced an unexpected championship victory.
    Have to vote for Bottas based on his results, pole and a race win.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  8. Neilski

Neilski
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +286
    Oh I forgot that other bit of awesome action - that was Sainz's car that they couldn't quite get past the barriers, LOL.
    But yeah, the mid-pack and backmarkers fighting was by far the best bit of a fairly boring session...

9. apex11

apex11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +302
    Its because F1 takes itself far far too seriously.

10. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    Probably due to the monstrous amount of money which goes ‘round in the F1 circus. Looking back to earlier days is not always good and/or fair, but the romantics of fields full struggling teams (both in finance and technics) are far gone. Though the people at the time were maybe looking more or less the same to this topic back then... ;)

11. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +220
    And my vote goes to Fernando Alonso.

'I did some donuts practice for next year'.

Nice one Fernando. Looking forward to the real thing, you get my driver of the day vote for being the most entertaining.

12. Hor-hay

Hor-hay

Ratings:
    +41
    The guy who won the GP2 race, now that was an exciting race down the the final lap!