What an amazing race!! Feel really sorry for the Corvette.. but then again I have to take my hat off for the nr 95 Aston Martin. Also what an amazing overall podium finish for DC Racing / Jackie Chan Racing. Enjoyed every last minute of this years 24h

24 hrs of pure excitement this year, I was gutted for Toyota. So much bad luck two years running. That's Le Mans. And comparing it to modern F1 shows how boring F1 has become. Chase Carey started the race this year, I hope he watched the whole race and took good note of how to do motor sport properly.
I pay Sky €30 a month to watch F1, and pay €30 for the intire FIA WEC season, can anybody see a difference?
As motor sport entertainment and value for money, F1 has a lot of catching up to do.
I heard Mark Webber in an interview saying that doing Le Mans is like doing a whole season of F1 in 24Hrs :D
I can't wait for the 6hrs of Nürburgring in 4 weeks time!

Last edited:
After this race they should just sign off the LMP1 class. Hardly a race anymore, more like a Vintage Rally with the wives of the drivers being the co-pilots. A "win" if they make it to the finish...

After this race they should just sign off the LMP1 class. Hardly a race anymore, more like a Vintage Rally with the wives of the drivers being the co-pilots. A "win" if they make it to the finish...

That's actually how Le Mans was for decades. Surviving can make all the difference. In 1998, the winning Porsche spent over an hour in the pits and won. It's considered legendary. In 1995, the McLaren beat all the prototypes - a historic win. Just because it isn't a BoP equalised touring car style bumper race, doesn't make it not exciting, and certainly doesn't mean you bin an entire class.

Ohm and Toyota only get points for 9th. Certainly not being given a win for making it to the finish. The Porsche also covered the most distance.

Toyota was crazy fast, but Porsche has given them a lesson for the second time at Le Mans, no matter how much faster you are, it doesn't matter if you don't last 24 h.
Less extreme and more conservative, first target is survive in endurance races.
Hat off to Porsche! :thumbsup:

By virtue of not breaking down, even.

Exactly. And THAT is endurance racing, and what we seen today. The LMP2s almost won by not breaking down. It's happened a lot over Le Mans history, and in many different forms.

When the GTLM class won Petit Le Mans overall on performance, nobody had a complete breakdown and recommended IMSA should bin the entire Prototype class. When GT1s beat the LMP675s we didn't declare them a farce. When the Mazda won purely through not breaking down, it wasn't a joke - it was history, and it was part of endurance racing.

This was an old school endurance race. Very similar to 1998, where a lot of time was spent in the pits making repairs. The Porsche and Toyota had the exact same failure (front axle MGU), and Porsche were able to fix it quicker than Toyota. That's endurance racing.

This too:
32487402335_88a914973c_o.jpg

IIRC the poor Clio got rammed by an AMG mercedes early on (which is probably the worst car to be rammed by considering that it's engine block is bigger then the bonnet), they repaired it, taped all the bits together and it finished anyway.

Rebellion did something similar. They were having starter motor problems, it required getting hit with a hammer and stick to get the motor turning, but they couldn't do it with the bodywork on. So they just cut a hole in the bodywork and started smacking it through the bodywork. That's endurance racing!

Rebellion did something similar. They were having starter motor problems, it required getting hit with a hammer and stick to get the motor turning, but they couldn't do it with the bodywork on. So they just cut a hole in the bodywork and started smacking it through the bodywork. That's endurance racing!
And because of that hole, it means that their car had difference in aero at the check on Monday after race, than before race in inspection. Which means they have been disqualified... That's quite some enduracing also, give your all 24h and go thru all failures and penalties and whatever you're facing, just to get disqualified from small hole on the bodywork :speechless:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%