2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also would be nice start the discussion about fixed divisions and a good PreQ system, something that I kind of did in the Marcas PreQ thread.

Fixed divisions is a poor plan. You make it so as Mr. Division 2 cannot get on to the top server for about 50% of that server it becomes pointless and they'll leave. It's bad for numbers and competition from people who start outside of server one for any reason.

In regards to Pre-Q. Yeah. No more 1 lap or 3 lap only affair. You're stopping the faster drivers getting to the top server and ruining the flow. A couple of open hours or ideally a weekend and a live-racers where in which people submit their lap replay files to show no cutting.

The one lap adds some tension sure but for all the wrong reasons. I don't write the rules but like the Marcas cars enough to not care too much for the PreQ. However the wise choice would be a more usual system in place in the future.

I will make my case later in the week, but to me personally the Division 2 as it is today is pretty much pointless.
I know places where the fixed divisions concept is a huge success, that instead of make people go away, atrack more drivers simply because is more fair with the different levels of skill.
I will do D2 for the fun, but I cant consider it as a proper championship.
Nevertheless, in order to the fixed Servers work, a more detailed PreQ system is fundamental.

I will write about it in due time.

Thanks.

I am also interested.

I agree with Oscar (yes Oscar, we agree on something :D ) about the pre-quali too, and I also hope the full-grid reverse for R2 will not be used here. First of all it will be a bit difficult to pass in these cars, second thing is it gives, in my opinion, the wrong incentive in terms of practice mentality (you can do no practice whatsoever and get a prime oppurtunity in R2), and third thing when you have slow/inexperienced drivers battling with fast/impatient drivers it is a bit of a recipe for chaos. But that is just my opinion.

I agree with Oscar

In other news I also agree with Rob about the reversing of grids with these cars. I hadn't thought about it to be honest but it's a poor idea in 95% of cases.

Also. Fixed divisions is still a bad idea. Maybe if everyone is friends you could maintain solid division 2 attendance but then this is more of an open forum. Not everyone talks to everyone else. Also with fixed divisions both would be hit by poor attendance whereas with movable divisions towards the end of a season you can just merge them and maintain good grid size. Have the divisions mix is the only logical route to take and statistically speaking that's just about factual at this point.

Last edited:
Allright, so that´s what I think about the concept of fixed divisions.

Every driver wants to race someone with similar level. This is kind of obvious.
With the Championships here at RD gaining numbers, and Premium memberships, is feasible that the Site now have some resources to provide a better structure to all of us to race.

So, in order to do different and indepedent divisions, there are some procedures.

All must start with a detailed PreQ system. And this system cannot work being a Super Pole session or even a Single Q session that takes place in just one day.
In order to obtain the true speed of the drivers, a server must be availabe to the drivers at least for the period of one week. On this week, every driver with a proper Sign can register their times.
The system cannot be about lap time. In order for the driver slot into the PreQ´s classification, he must do at least 12 laps, and that is to register 10 CONSECUTIVE laps, where each driver scores an AVERAGE lap time. Every driver can do this process during the whole week of PreQ, and everytime he improves his average lap times score, the system updates.
I know this works, I race in a League that have the system and I happy to help RD staff to obtain this program or whatever.
Once this PreQ system is over, is quite clear what every driver can achieve in terms pace, and not only hot laps.
After that, lets say we have 90 signs for the Series. We can have 3 divisions with 30 drivers each that would provide close and hard racing. Or 27 drivers for each division with 3 reserves.
Those divisions would race in different Saturdays.

Stewards and drivers alike must keep an close eye on cheat behaviour. On this case, cheat may not mean be too fast. May occur that some driver intentionally score weak laps for his standards in order to compete in a easier group for him. That´s when the promotion system would take place.
If the driver of a division starts to score Pole Positions with 0.5 or 1sec faster than the rest, or Win races by 30 seconds or so, he gets a promotion. No discussion.
If drivers are honest and do their real lap times during PreQ, this scenario is pretty much impossible.

Lets say we have 3 divisions. Then is up to RD if they´re all going to be broadcasted or not. Personally I dont bother. Division 1 certainly must be.
The League here in Brazil I race for...usually contracts a third part company that takes care of the broadcast. So last season we had 4 divisions and all got broadcast.

The point is not be on YouTube. The point of all of this is to all drivers involved have a good time racing people for real, scoring positions and fighting for drivers and teams championships, during the whole season.

As I said, the server 2 today is only a temporary place for the faster and a club race meet for the rest. Most of the drivers on the server 2 will stay there the whole season, racing for nothing, just for the fun. Not even a smaller Championship.

If the driver knows he can have a full season fighting with drivers that are close to him, this will encourage him to stay and race. And not overthink on how to sell his soul to the Devil to be able to do 29´s at Campo Grande with the Marcas cars!!
We all do this for fun...this is not professional stuff.

Im pretty sure some will disagree with me, and thats normal. So, is fine.
This is just what I think works best for the level of racing we are having here today at RD.

The PreQ concept is not bad, as it focuses on consistency instead of speed only. But to have 3 of the top 30 drivers as reserves sounds bad from the start. And to lock the tiers down based on a one-track performance is even worse. This kills competition three times more than giving the chance to climb up to server A, or get dropped out of it.

You know, to be a top tier driver, one needs to be blessed with skills or put the necessary amount of efforts to achieve such high levels. I'm the latter and happy with it. I have to turn hundreds of laps into practicing, countless hours to find the properly balanced setup for the track and extra caution when racing in pack to avoid silly or dangerous mistakes.

If one's looking for top tier racing, he/she must be dedicated to make it. If not, then tier two can still give the competition and fun at a bit (literally just a bit) slower pace, while still having the chance to improve over the championship and reach tier one. And the winner won't take all the prizes neither, as there will be a draw between all entrants.

Without a mean to sound offensive, if you already found the place where it all comes together for you, enjoy! But many chose RD for the rules and event structure they have, as that's what fits our needs. Having different options in different communities is what brings people of similar favours together. ;)

Last edited:
I had an example by myself regarding a lap average preQ. I was pre qualified 18th in the Australian Formula Master, earned a 4th place overall at the end of the championship, so at least for me, there is NO way a preQ system will determine a driver pace with 100% guarantee, even if everyone follow the system as it should be.

For some drivers, it requires more time to understand the car and everything else surrounding it, pretty much like I'm having right now at RDTCC, getting used to a new game, new type of car (FWD) and new tracks. And I'm seeing improvements, being able to match the pace of div 1 mid pack.
For me the division system motivates myself to get better as a driver, even though I hate the Marcas cars. It was the same with open wheelers, one area I never touched since I bought a wheel.

It would be the worst thing in the world if I turned into a server 2 alien knowing I would be fighting for the top positions in server 1. No wonder why real life sports use that system.

These are my 2 cents, and BY ANY MEANS, I'm trying to be harsh to you, just expressing my viewpoints as you are.:)

Well, if we are talking about real life sports, the huge majority of them uses the fixed divisions concept to their seasons, where we have separate Championships for the different levels of the teams and their divisions.
If a team is too good in one season, he will be Champion and competing on the above division on the following season. Standard procedure.

What I think is harsh is keep most of the division 2 drivers fighting for "30ths" places all season long, and we are not professionals, all drivers pay the same for the Premium membership and we all do this for the fun.

Anyway, that was just a sugestion that I put on the table, maybe to try something different around here.

I can say that if the concept of the divisions stays the same for this V8 series Im not totally enthusiastic to join. But thats just my opinion and view, of course.

Im pretty sure the series will be a success anyway. :):thumbsup:

Have we established already that handing out points to DNFs is bad, and prevents drivers getting promoted ?

I've reserved judgement until now as I've never raced with a full reversed grid until now.
My thoughts:
If you want to ruin a race the best way to do it is with a reverse grid. Worst idea ever.

Top 8, top 10, probably fine. Reversing 30 car field... Nope.

I've reserved judgement until now as I've never raced with a full reversed grid until now.
My thoughts:
If you want to ruin a race the best way to do it is with a reverse grid. Worst idea ever.

Top 8, top 10, probably fine. Reversing 30 car field... Nope.

It worked very well on Server 2 tonight. It can work good, but people need to behave, and understand that it is virtually impossible to get 2 wins, it's all about maximise the totalt points.

I think Oscar won't agree, he nearly goes all the way from the back to the front:p

Behave? Yeah right... It's " virtually impossible" to make that happen:roflmao:

Basically, dropping out of R1 shouldn't be rewarded for the reverse grid. At least make the effort to finish it. I know some people will argue that they've been taken out, but unless it isn't a complete mess, you should continue.

I think Oscar won't agree, he nearly goes all the way from the back to the front:p

Behave? Yeah right... It's " virtually impossible" to make that happen:roflmao:

I know, Started 5th last in R2, ended up second after running off the track, and loosing some positions, afaik, I didn't touch a single car when making those passes, it is more than possible, with 'virtually impossible' as you will need some luck as well :)

Basically, dropping out of R1 shouldn't be rewarded for the reverse grid. At least make the effort to finish it. I know some people will argue that they've been taken out, but unless it isn't a complete mess, you should continue.

Agreed, but as I said, it's a feature in the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back