Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version : 1.3.2 (28/02/2017) -- Please read instructions and FAQ below before posting.
Please do not use my work nor upload it somewhere else without my permission.

This mod is composed of a Base and a Layer. You need both in order to have the full mod.

LAYER MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (STEAM) - Thanks to @Paxon

1. Go to the MM Community Hub in your steam client.
F2YVIDI.png

2. Go to the workshop.
22StFwC.png

3. Search the workshop for "enzoli".
Lrv0XGD.png

4. Find the "Layer" mod and click it.
ifkfqa2.png

5. Click on the subscribe button.
p03mSoN.png

6. Make sure the mod is active in your in-game workshop.
MIuzfj7.png

You're done. :)

You can proceed the same way for my other mods you found on step 4.
BASE MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (WINDOWS)
  1. Download PART1 and PART2 on your computer. Both parts are necessary.
  2. Right-click MM 2016 Mod 1.x.x.part1.rar and uncompress it.
  3. Part 2 will be uncompressed automatically. You should now have a folder MM_Data with the installer right next to it.
  4. Launch the installer and follow instructions.
If the installer does not work for you, simply copy/paste the MM_Data folder into your Motorsport Manager folder.
BASE MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (MAC) - Thanks to Mr Peugeot and Alon2o
    • Download PART1 and PART2. Both parts are necessary.
    • Create a folder anywhere and put both mod files in this new folder
    • Open Part_1 of the .rar file with an extractor (I use The Unarchiver but I’m assuming any upzip program will work)
    • Don’t worry about Part_2. The extractor will have included that without you seeing it.
    • You will get a folder called MM_Data.
    • Open finder
    • Command + Shift + G
    • Library / Application Support
    • Click on go
    • Steam
    • /Steamapp
    • /Common
    • /Motorsport Manager
    • Right click
    • View the contents of the package
    • Home
    • Resources
    • Data
    • Replace the resource.assets file with the one in the MM_Data you obtain in step 5.
    • Open StreamingAssets folder
    • (Download and in data)
    • Then replace only the Champ1.bk2 files
    • Champ2.bk2
    • Champ3.bk2
    • And replace the TeamIntroMovies folder

FAQ:
- After I installed the mod, the drivers, teams and staff are fake and all logos are original ones.
You didn't activate the mod "layer" on the Workshop. Please do so as stated above.
- My game crashes during or after launch / I get a black screen then nothing.
Make sure you run the last version of the game on steam.
Go to Steam then right click on Motorsport Manager>Properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of game cache. This will synchronize your game to server version which is always the last version available.

- I don't see the car liveries. Rest is working fine.
Liveries do not work in 2d Mode. Turn on 3d mode.
- How can I change logos/team names/... myself?
Download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and open resources.assets with it. Extract textures or textassets with the "plugin" button on the left. Modify things and import file back using the same "plugin" button.
Logos are in logos1@1080. Practice and Quali Times are in simulationsettings.

INCLUDED:
196 real drivers with real bio/abilities/physics and tweaked traits, potential, marketability, fan and sponsors popularity...
30 real teams with correct infos, location and logos in ...
3 real competitions : F1/GP2/GP3 (GP3 is made of gp2, gp3 and Formula 3 teams)
Real names, bio, physics and tweaked abilities for chairmans, team principals, engineers, mechanics.
Real free Team Principals and many real free engineers/mechanics
Real Medias, Journalists, Celebs with correct physics and real F1 president
Real sponsors and longer contracts
Real names for tracks
Real equipment colors and logos on hats
Real liveries for F1 teams
Real Engine and Fuel Suppliers
Real Tires for cars
Many other tweaks to bring a maximum of reality
See updates changelogs for lastest features

Last edited:
Only through Steam I'm afraid. The game should update itself automatically, though. Here are the manual steps:
In STEAM go to Library and Right-click Motorsport Manager
Choose properties
Go to betas tab
Enter password in the text box: MotorsportManager
Choose beta option from drop down menu above the text box
Starting the game will install the beta

BTW, Enzoli, I downloaded the stupid Livery DLC pack, could this be the reason?

It could be because you're on the beta

I don't think the crash is related to language/translations. I got it to work, I hadn't updated my game to that 1.1.11891+18.20161128.2101, it showed me that the date of the version (20161128) was 20161114 maybe or smthsmth. After I got the new beta it works.

Sidenote, started the first game with Koiranen, and I'm not 100% sure as I haven't even followed F1 that closely past years, but let's say 95% sure that both of their mechanics are also Estonians like their reserve driver. Aivar Heidemaa and Siim Viitak are definitely EST names, don't sound much like Finnish, altough they might just be 2nd generation of their family living in Finland as they're just over the Finnish Gulf from us (but it's unlikely as Estonians are allowed to hold Estonian passport only and we're quite a proud nationality, not very many of us give it up)

Well... how many damn versions this update has? :D My Steam MM.exe is currently version 1.1.11891+18.20161128.2101, wasn't able to run the 0.7 beta mod, it crashed, I expect the same behaviour on this one.

Cheer up, 0.7 beta was probably modded on an older version, this one will probably work perfectly, 20161128 is the one you want ;)

All great so far! The only minor thing I noticed is the Event Summary screen after the race is over. For the GP2 series it is still showing Asia-Pacific Supercup, I guess you've missed that one, because it's accurate for F1 and GP3.

Attachments

• AsiaPacific.png
    AsiaPacific.png
    648.3 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Oh yeah, I noticed somewhere GP2 was referred to as Supercup also, didn't make much of it at the time, was just happy I got the mod to work, but I think it was in one of the news/mail in the beginning of the season (maybe not the initial ones but before the first race still, maybe it was race preview or race gossip)

EDIT: Naah, wasn't under my mail, not sure where I saw it then, maybe under tweets, but I can't recall any tweets naming series... What makes it even more weird is that I'm still in GP3 myself obviously, not too many chances of seeing mail/tweets about GP2

Last edited:
MAC INSTALL:
Access your Motorsport Manager data folder via 'Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Motorsport Manager/MM/Contents/Resources/Data'
Backup your resources.assets file from this folder.
Extract content (resource.assets file) of zip in that folder.

Note: If your game crashes at the beginning, it is most likely you're running an old version of the game and need to update it in Steam. My game version is 1.1.11882+17.20161125.1837. Please can any Mac users please post this with their success of installing, or if it doesn't work so I can identify issues where it works/doesn't work. Thanks.
If you're not using Steam, you won't be able to use this mod.

I found the Asia-Pacific Supercup problem.
I've fixed it too.

As I need to upload my mod onto RaceDepartment, I'll upload a version including those changes today.
For those not too far in their season, it's still time.:D

Fixed Carling Budget too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%