2016 Formula One Grand Prix of Europe

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
formula one grand prix of europe 2016.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread of the 2016 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe Azarbaijan.

Feel welcome to leave all your practice, qualification, race and other comments below.

Of course we are also happy to read your predictions for Sundays race!

Ricciardo jinxed himself by saying, many people are going to break their chassis on this circuit, but lets not hope its going to be me, in the F1 2016 reveal trailer videos. Seems like the mercedes engines are going to be dominant over this weekend. Surprising were McLaren being so far up the field. Red bull had some problems with the cars, Ricciardo crashing and the oil leak from Verstappen. Let's hope FP2 going to give us more of an idea of what they can do. So far this circuit hasnt really got me jumping as the long straight anti-climax' all the other parts of the track. The surroundings are quite stunning though, but I want to see a competitive race. And that's what we are probably ( Unfortunately ) not going to see.

Surprisingly great track - challenging; like monaco in some parts but with the longest straight in f1 (sic) so should allow some good F1 racing.
GP2 race showed how challenging it is, and in f1 even hamilton had his "worst ever qualifying" after hitting the wall.
Bring it on.

this track looks like garbage to me so far. it's sooo boring. go straight - brake - turn 90 degrees - repeat. drivers aren't being lured into mistakes. they're making so many mistakes because the track is so green, which is why they're locking up so much.

hopefully i'll be surprised and the race will actually be good.

What a boring race, like really. Perez was the highlight of the day proving why he's such a good driver. But really, nothing else happened. Rosberg untouchable, Vettel always had P2 and Lewis kept on complaining. Red Bull screwed both of their drivers over (again) with a poor, poor strategy.

Very meh race on a boring track in an awful country that's only on the calendar because they paid Bernie more money than he'll ever need.

WELL DONE BAKU

as i thought, pretty boring race. the only interesting section on this track is past the castle. i'm beginning to think the European grand prix is cursed. first we lose the awesome Nurburgring, which used to host it. then Valencia went. was a pretty boring track but did throw up some decent races. Now Baku, which is also boring as hell.

anyway, Perez really showing his class this season. just shows that when he's in a decent car he can perform. i thought it was too early to write him off after his bad year at McLaren. i really think that year there was just a ton of pressure on him and the car was really not that good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back