2016 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Good for Vandoorne!! Great 1st point in very first F1 race:thumbsup:.
His parental house is located only 10km from mine and the local fans were thrilled with his performance. Good to see some West - Flemish racing blood in F1. His dad was also supporting him at the local bar, how cool is that?! Hasn't changed one bit, love such people. :cool:

With all the ideas about how spice up the show, the idea from Pirelli to allow the teams to pick different compounds has easily worked the best. Prime example as mentioned is Haas who drove an aggressive strategy on super soft and made the others look silly.

Mediums didn't work for William's at all and I'm confused that they ran on them for as long as they did, Bottas changed to softs at the end but the damage had already been done.

As for the turn one incident, it was as 50/50 in my view as well. Lewis left the door dangerously open into turn one. Bottas did not lock up or slide into him. Whether Lewis even saw him coming in his mirrors I don't know (assuming he used them! :roflmao:)

With all the ideas about how spice up the show, the idea from Pirelli to allow the teams to pick different compounds has easily worked the best. Prime example as mentioned is Haas who drove an aggressive strategy on super soft and made the others look silly.

Mediums didn't work for William's at all and I'm confused that they ran on them for as long as they did, Bottas changed to softs at the end but the damage had already been done.

As for the turn one incident, it was as 50/50 in my view as well. Lewis left the door dangerously open into turn one. Bottas did not lock up or slide into him. Whether Lewis even saw him coming in his mirrors I don't know (assuming he used them! :roflmao:)

Also worth pointing out Haas got lucky to get an extra set of super softs though because they qualified 9th. Its a weird rule that if you qualify 9th or below you can re-use your tires from qualifying. Certainly it would not be an advantage to qualify 9th over 1st but I can see how qualifying 9th could potentially be better than 6-8 positions if you could make good use of those extra super softs.

Good point @Blkout in theory the rookie team should make all the mistakes in their "learning year!" I don't think Haas saw that memo.... :laugh:

Now they are talking about aggregate qualifying, oh please, no no no.

The WEC still use it but in all fairness it's because of multidriver cars. It's a bit of an anti-climax sometimes as you see the fastest time, which isn't the fastest time at all! haha.

The two drivers from each crew must each set at least one timed lap during qualifying. The average of the two best lap times (the best from each driver) will serve as the reference time for establishing the grid.

So sometimes someone would do a stellar lap, hand over to his team mate, who sometimes caught traffic and then they would lose 6 places on the grid.

We all just want to see the fastest laps set in a "non-theatrical" setting. Whether that's one hour unlimited or as before with the knock out system.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back