2016 FIA World Rally Championship: Waypoint to the Future

As Hamilton and Vettel, those cars are very fast but also incredibly boring. I end up falling asleep every time I try to watch modern rally.

Through sleet, not a whole lot of snow, and a truncated route, Hayden Paddon almost, ALMOST broke through and beat the Big O in a straight fight at Sweden with Østberg finishing third behind them - it seems like Mads has really been invigorated since leaving Citroen.

Mikkelsen spun off the podium but moves to 2nd in the standings, Tänak had a sensational drive to fifth, as did Breen who gets his first WRC points for Citroen and Evans again winning WRC-2 and placing ninth overall.

Meeke, Latvala, and Camilli have had a rotten two results to open their season, with no points on the board. Unfair that Meeke couldn't finish RMC last time out. Camilli's struggles wouldn't seem so huge if his appointment over Evans and Tänak wasn't met so coldly, but he is still a rookie...

The only thing that comes to mind about Evans being replaced is a financial decision. I honestly don't see how you invest 2 years into a driver and he's making progress. Then, just before his 3rd season when you can legitimately expect some [more] good results, you go and replace him with someone untested? And you're right back to the, "well, this is a learning period for him, we're not expecting him to win." game. I could see if they went with a veteran driver or something. But this, it makes no sense.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing