1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans / 24 Heures du Mans (Live Stream)

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship' started by Jack Hunsley, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Jack Hunsley

Jack Hunsley
    Staff Premium Member

24 hours of le mans 2016 live stream.jpg
    It's that time of year again, the one where you stay up for two days to watch the most important race of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

The Monaco Grand Prix. The Indy 500. The Isle of Man TT. There are incredibly few motorsport spectacles on the globe that come close to capturing the pure essence and legendary status of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. What makes Le Mans the incredible race it is is difficult to nail down.

Some might point towards its history. The 2016 edition to the Le Mans history will be the 84th time the world's best and brightest racers, teams, manufacturers, engineers, etc., have descended on the legendary circuit to go tooth and nail with one another.

Whilst the circuit today has changed much from it's original much more terrifying layout where the cars were able to reach speeds nearing 250mph the Le Mans circuit has retained much of it's undeniable pedigree, and thoroughly deserves it's place within motorsport's 'Triple Crown'.

Others may revel in the technology which powers these incredible machines. The way in which Le Mans, and more specifically the WEC, has helped to pioneer the way in which our road cars have been transformed from mere machine to portable computers capable of the most mundane and complex calculations simultaneously is remarkable. Add to that, the fact that'd you'd be hard pressed to find a racing car capable of producing in excess of 1000bhp, only adds to the spectacle.

For the majority however it's the sheer variety of machinery on display which makes Le Mans so compelling. Of the 60 cars and 180 drivers who will compete at Le Mans this weekend, only the number of different manufacturers on display even comes close to matching these numbers.

Whether your a committed Tifosi, a Corvette man or a Aston thoroughbred, a Porsche or a Audi die-hard or even if you fancy a punt on a privateer Rebellion, Le Mans offers diversity in ways in which few racing series can even dream of. Even if you've never watched a WEC, ELMS or IMSA race in your life you can still guarantee that you'll find someone to cheer on come Saturday.

If you, just as I was, find yourself somewhat tired of the new castrated, eco-centred F1 then Le Mans is for you. Le Mans makes no excuses for what it is at it's core. There's no driving to conserve tires or fuel or to match a given time. When the green flag drops on Saturday there will be nothing but completely flat out, committed, and intense racing for the next 24 hours.

Just grasping the sheer concentration and ability that this race demands of those lucky enough to be on the grid beggars belief and must be seen to be truly appreciated.

To paraphrase the great Murray Walker; anything can happen at Le Mans, and it usually does.

Watch the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans livestream

When you are not among the 300,000 fans that spectate the biggest endurance race of the world live from the track you can stay in your seat behind your PC, Tablet or Mobile phone and enjoy the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2016 from the comfort of your own home.

The race is aired for free in Europe on Eurosport television and make sure to support the amazing FIA WEC series and purchase an official Le Mans Race Pack here for only a few bucks.

To receive instant updates about the 24 Hours of Le Mans make sure to follow us via your favorite Social Media channel: Facebook and Twitter

Useful 24 Hours of Le Mans Links
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

Drinking game idea: Every time the BoP on the Ford and Ferrari is mentioned, take a shot.
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Wow Wow x 2
  3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

We actually formulated some rules last time out in spa. I can't remember all of them, but here are a few of them :)

Take a shot every time:
    • A Corvette appears on screen.
    • Every 15 minute mark is reached (2 sips at the end of the hour)
    • The commentators compare the LMP1's to Formula 1 cars.
    • Dr. Wolfgang Ulrich appears on screen.
    • The commentators mention someone double-stinting the tyres.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 8
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

5. Azure Flare

Azure Flare

I remember that one being my suggestion. I like my new one better.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    The self-proclaimed "BADASS" driver of RD. Staff

Shieeeeet, if I didn't have a farewell party late tonight I'd do this challenge.
  7. Azure Flare

Azure Flare

Preliminary list for drinking games:
    • Drink every time the BoP for the Ford GT or Ferrari 488 is mentioned.
    I'll maintain this.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rodent

Premium Member

Good thing I'm at work or I'd be drunk enough to actually understand Dr. Ulrich around lap 3.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Looking forward to the LMP2 battle. :geek:

It seems to be the best BOPed class. :)
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

I've got 36 beers and a big ass bottle of whisky complimented by several nice cigars and the projector hooked up in my games room... a drinking game sounds like a splendid idea :)
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

...oh yeah ... GO WEBBER :D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rodent

Premium Member

At first I was all like this Paul chap seems alright, but you had to be a Webber fan, I wish you the mightiest of hangovers! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

RAIN. THE rain I had while preparing for my half-marathon this morning.
    I'm done already. And not yet had a minute of racing.
  14. Ugh I can't watch this at all, some "rights restrictions" non-sense. Legal issues only get in the way.
  15. Velopl

Premium Member

So far 8 cars retired from 23h of Le Mans.
    Go Toyota!
  16. Rodent

Premium Member

Wow, poor Toyota... But lol Audi keeps the podium streak going!
  17. fortyfivekev

Premium Member

Totally heartbreaking for Toyota and hard to believe what happened there.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

"The cruel reality of Murphy 's law. Toyota hearts broken at last lap." I wonder what dramatic headlines will engulf the media.
    • Sad Sad x 2
  19. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

Statistically it was expected. Emotionally it was brutal.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Azure Flare

Azure Flare

At least I am very happy to say that 50 years to the day, Ford wins at Le Mans. It was the GT class instead of overall, but in Ford's eyes, the win is just as sweet.
    • Like Like x 1