2015 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
jHSn1Ke.png

Many already wrote but i am all smiles today :D still cannot believe what happened, repeating videos seeing pictures and reading articles i actually forgot for RD! Yesterday i argued about Vettel's great qual lap and how i was under no illusions of the speed of Mercedes in race and how Rosberg would pass eventually Vettel by lap 3. Vettel to win the race? Never in wildest dreams!

This brought back to me at least, so much memories. Having seen Michael last time winning GP in October 2006 in China, which is the next Grand Prix, and today the guy that back then i wished to turn up from somewhere happened and is real. Today he won his 1st race in the red car.
Grande Seb!!!

Tonight going to celebrate!
My condolences to those who said Vettel can win only in the best car.
He is back!

Last edited:
That being said, this is far from over. Merc has 100% poles so far and Lewis was faster on the primes; besides, these are very early days. Perhaps China's highly technical track will shine light into the matter. :)

It's hard to see where both Mercedes and Ferrari lie at the moment. In Spain last year, Mercedes' advantage was at it's biggest all through 2014 - yet in Australia 2 weeks ago, their advantage was even bigger. But all of a sudden they finish behind Ferrari on merit by around 10 seconds! We didn't get to see a proper comparison between Ferrari and Mercedes this weekend in qualifying as it was wet. I suspect that Mercedes are still quicker and I'd personally disagree with the fact that it's far from over. Even if Mercedes have a slight advantage over Ferrari by a few tenths on average throughout 2015 (which they will have barring any miracles by Ferrari), they still should win both the drivers and constructers titles. That is unless they do a McLaren 2012 where they mess things up with botched pit stops and poor reliability.

My favorite driver has always been Raikkonen but, objectively speaking, the best driver of the last few years has been Sebastian, and I am obviously very happy that they are teammates (and friends) and, in fact, doing so well.

F1 is a team sport so yes of course Red Bull and Vettel have been the best combination in the last few years. However, the best driver has been Alonso (roll in the dislikes). The 2012 season alone by him was the single greatest season I have seen in terms of sheer ability in any form of motorsport by a driver. He quite literally performed miracles that year. I'm quite happy for Seb and Ferrari but my heart aches for Fernando. He's coming to the end of his career and McLaren have an absolute mountain to climb in order to get to the front again with Honda. I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that he won't get another championship, something which he absolutely deserves.

The weird thing is that while Ferrari iare trying to catch Mercedes, Williams
are entirely on their own. They don't have the pace of the frontrunners, yet or seemingly,
but they are way ahead of everyone else as well.

What a truly great race.
Overtakes from lap 1 to lap 56 and on nearly every corner of this track.
It was emotional seeing Vettel win for Ferrari.
Kimi was huge as well, cant wait to see a clean run from him when the team don't mess his stop or his timing in Quali.

We also now have more then "which MB will win?"

Great stuff.

I suspect that Mercedes are still quicker and I'd personally disagree with the fact that it's far from over. Even if Mercedes have a slight advantage over Ferrari by a few tenths on average throughout 2015 (which they will have barring any miracles by Ferrari), they still should win both the drivers and constructors titles.

I think Merc are ahead too, it's just that today proved that a comeback is possible. Not highly probable, but possible. As I said, China will be informative. Ferrari might win by a minute or lose by a minute, it's F1 so you never know (today proved that too).

F1 is a team sport so yes of course Red Bull and Vettel have been the best combination in the last few years. However, the best driver has been Alonso (roll in the dislikes). The 2012 season alone by him was the single greatest season I have seen in terms of sheer ability in any form of motorsport by a driver. He quite literally performed miracles that year.

Don't get me wrong, Alonso is one of the best. But there's no way you saw races like Abu Dhabi 2012 or Brazil 2012 and not left in awe of Seb's talent (and ridiculous pace), no matter who you support. You have to be objective.

There is a rule of thumb in F1. The best driver will most likely end up with the best team.

Last edited:
I think Alonso might have an opinion on that one :p

Yeah he might, but it's true nonetheless. You could possibly find some exceptions (for example Keke Rosberg), but the "most likely" bit really holds true in motorsport. It's just that so many who support Alonso were constantly trying to find excuses to make Vettel, a 4-time WC, seem small or untalented. These excuses were always annihilated in time, a large portion of them having being dealt with today. In fact, I think Vettel gained quite a few fans today.

Last edited:
It's frustrating, for the second race in a row Kimi got hit by a Sauber and hampered his race.

The improvement for Ferrari is also a result of better strategic minds in their garage.
Last year Ferrari failed numerous times to follow a good strategy.

Darth, I think, but for things like car failure (Aus), some rookie idiot that should not have a seat (Nasir), and the "best drivers in the world" who don't know how to restart a race, Kimi had the most impressive race, by far. Absent getting mauled, he would have been 2nd or 1st, even from that disaster at the start. Of course, Kimi, being his pragmatic self, calls 4th "poor" --

mod-edit: <snipped a large part> please don't copy/paste full copyrighted articles from other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like myself...am pretty certain that a few more fffffffettel haters/doubters blew a huge sigh of relief as he crossed the line today...it looks like him and kimi will be this seasons salvation and by heck they are welcome... even from a lewis fan...Game on

Reactions: Dux
Disagree here, he got 5th in Melbourne, he's no rookie idiot. These things happen in formula one.

That might have been a bit harsh, but how many cars finished in Australia? It was an anomaly. The rush to younger and younger drivers will result in mistakes (which he made all day in Malaysia) increasing exponentially. There are so many good drivers out there who do not and will not have a seat in F1 because of either sponsorship (you know, Vodafone would much rather have a good looking 21 year old than an experienced 32 year old, representing them) or teams. It's just sad. Then again, there are the greats, like Vettel, Kimi, Bottas, Alonso, Hamilton and a small handful of others. I thought Jules was so good...so soon did we lose him...reminded me of Dan Wheldon and Kimi. A racer's racer. Bobby Kubica was like that too. Right, @Marcin Siewierski?

Like myself...am pretty certain that a few more fffffffettel haters/doubters blew a huge sigh of relief as he crossed the line today...it looks like him and kimi will be this seasons salvation and by heck they are welcome... even from a lewis fan...Game on

Vettel is the only driver on the grid that I might concede *may* be better than Kimi at racing (not driving an F1 car, which can hardly be called that these days). Vettel is simply brilliant, and well rounded too. (Oh, sorry, they both forgot how to drive last year...what was I thinking...:thumbsdown::roflmao:).

And he's so freaking funny...it's now very apparent why he and Kimi get along so well. The way he dismantled that plumbsack Rosberg at the press conference after Austrailia was priceless.

One thing I have a feeling I'll love watching all season is Vettel and Raikkonen working together to win. Especially after the bitter rivalry of Hamilton and Rosberg, seeing two teammates who are actual friends is a breath of fresh air. I was so hoping to see them both on the podium today just to see their reactions, but hopefully that'll come soon.

Anyone know if the full race is on YouTube as I cant watch it due to Ten being :poop: and switching to Pay to watch tv

Vettel is the only driver on the grid that I might concede *may* be better than Kimi at racing (not driving an F1 car, which can hardly be called that these days). Vettel is simply brilliant, and well rounded too. (Oh, sorry, they both forgot how to drive last year...what was I thinking...:thumbsdown::roflmao:).

And he's so freaking funny...it's now very apparent why he and Kimi get along so well. The way he dismantled that plumbsack Rosberg at the press conference after Austrailia was priceless.

Exactly. Nico even found spare time to bother on social network, playing "smart" and inviting Seb like, "i am serious Seb". What he did was very childish. At this point already after that press and by the reactions of Nico, i can say that he is lost against Hamilton and cannot find his own ground so he cries for help, playing on the cards of "good show for the viewers" or "i want Ferrari to come closer" when all that matters is winning and no one to come close. Hamilton didn't said a word, because he doesn't care and you'd know why. But he is Champion and Nico is not. Nico is not worrying how to catch Hamilton but is for others to close on them for the show? What the heck Nico?!

All that has been through these 2 weeks or week and a half in between Nico - Vettel and how quiet Hamilton was, and the words of Nico yesterday on the podium "i will push them hard" standing while both champions sitting on the podium step and in deep thoughts, one all in smiles the other confused of opponents pace, Nico looked like a kid and it was pretty much obvious that both champions sitting there couldn't care less what he says..... And you'd seen then the difference between champion material and non-champion. I might be harsh and jumping early with conclusions leaving aside the fact i cheered last year and will this year for Nico over Hamilton for the title, but fact is and i can admit it that Nico has been very very poor these 2 races and not only on track, but off-track also. He does not know which end to catch now. To defend from Vettel or to attack on Hamilton?
But he wanted show right? Here is it for you Nico....

Last edited:
Yeah he might, but it's true nonetheless. You could possibly find some exceptions (for example Keke Rosberg), but the "most likely" bit really holds true in motorsport. It's just that so many who support Alonso were constantly trying to find excuses to make Vettel, a 4-time WC, seem small or untalented. These excuses were always annihilated in time, a large portion of them having being dealt with today. In fact, I think Vettel gained quite a few fans today.

Ferrari is right. They do have the best two drivers in F1. They are quite lucky. And they seem to be headed in the right direction. I have NEVER been a Ferrari fan, but I'm starting to see their genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back