2015 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, indeed, you don't want him to win even if he deserves it, I feel very sorry for you. That is, because the culture of F1, and sportsmanship in general, is far nobler and more beautiful. I fear that you are missing out on it slightly.
No fear, I've not been missing out much lately. It's funny though, cos that sportmanship you mention is one of the reasons for my dislike of him. :)
He fully deserved winning today, I acknowledge that, but I don't understand why I have to like it.

that was a great race! Calm before the storm they say..

In the past I have hated Vettel, infact I still hate Vettel, but seeing a non-Mercedes car win not just on mechanical issues for Mercedes, but on strategy and pace, you gotta love that.
Though I didn't like the screeching on the pit radio either :p

Shame for McLaren, they were on for some nice points. About Hulk, I think he shouldn't have got the penalty, while Perez should as Romain did deserve to get some room.

Verstappen on his teammate though into turn 4! :confused::confused: Looked like F1 2014 against AI :roflmao:

I love how people always said that Vettel winning was always due to RB and nothing else... He lapped them both today. ;)

Not at all an opportunistic comment, is it?

I think the benchmark for what ferrari is respect to previous season is Kimi. Last year with a puncture he would not have even got into points, while this year he got back from the very last up to 4th.

That car is light years better, the only similarity is the red color.

No fear, I've not been missing out much lately. It's funny though, cos that sportsmanship you mention is one of the reasons for my dislike of him. :)
He fully deserved winning today, I acknowledge that, but I don't understand why I have to like it.

That's great. :thumbsup: And obviously you don't have to like him.
However many aren't as un-biased as you, and those were the people I was referring to.
And I think you'll agree that wishing someone's engine blows up is at least a little immature. ;)

By the way, I didn't understand what you meant by saying you dislike him because of his sportsmanship. Do you consider him a mean/dirty driver or something? I don't think he is.

Not at all an opportunistic comment, is it?

My comment was certainly biased, yes. :) But I said it for fun, hope I wasn't misunderstood.
That being said he did prove a lot of his haters wrong. Again.

Good to see a non Mercedes win.
Vettel and Ferrari it seems are back.
My boy Dan had an indifferent day but that's racing.
Red Bull in a quagmire with their cars atm.

I love how people always said that Vettel winning was always due to RB and nothing else... He lapped them both today. ;)
Ferrari's cars have improved though this year while Red Bull aren' t the giant killers they once were when Vettel was winning his WCs.Webber was a bees dick away from winning a WC also in those dominating Red Bull cars.

I just heard the reason why Ferrari made a huge step. From what I understand last years chief engine engineer was persisting in using a small turbo for their engine to save weight. This guy has been ditched and they have introduced a new turbo for their engine which gave an instant improvement of around 40 to 50 hp.

Maybe a nice tip for Renault,... apparently ditching their engineer and putting a bigger turbo on it could be the solution for them. :D (being a bit sarcastic for those who don't understand);)

I think the benchmark for what ferrari is respect to previous season is Kimi. Last year with a puncture he would not have even got into points, while this year he got back from the very last up to 4th.
It's frustrating, for the second race in a row Kimi got hit by a Sauber and hampered his race.
I just heard the reason why Ferrari made a huge step. From what I understand last years chief engine engineer was persisting in using a small turbo for their engine to save weight. This guy has been ditched and they have introduced a new turbo for their engine which gave an instant improvement of around 40 to 50 hp.

Maybe a nice tip for Renault,... apparently ditching their engineer and putting a bigger turbo on it could be the solution for them. :D (being a bit sarcastic for those who don't understand);)
The improvement for Ferrari is also a result of better strategic minds in their garage.
Last year Ferrari failed numerous times to follow a good strategy.

I fail to see why Mercedes did not put both cars on different strategies at the early yellow, i.e. leave one of them out rather then having Rosberg wait a little until hamilton had finished his pit. I guess it shows that by their calculation they were easily ahead, so no risks needed to be taken.
on another note: did you notice how most of the teams are very close together in the final standings. I suppose it shows all drivers are doing an excellent job and if nothing unforeseeen happens, you and your teammate will end up with nearly the same result. Bit frustrating for the drivers, I bet.

It says a lot that 11 years ago, JPM was doing 1:34's and now they're only managing to get in the 1:40's tops... :unsure:

It says a lot that 11 years ago, JPM was doing 1:34's and now they're only managing to get in the 1:40's tops... :unsure:
That was back when refuelling was allowed, and tyres allowed more pushing throughout the whole race and didn't fall apart after 5 laps if you did so. Take the Q2 times for comparison, add to that a slight improvement in Q3 if it hadn't rained and you're at a high 1:38. Still 4s, but not as far off as the laptimes in the race suggest.

Great race with Vettel coming through huge for his 1st Ferrari victory while Mercedes fell to shambles.

Incredible to see both Toro Rosso drivers beat the Red Bull team. And all the way in 15th, there's Roberto Merhi, finishing 53 more laps than anyone would have ever expected this winter for Manor.

Damn I've disliked Vettel last few years, and liked seing Ricciardo beat him but damn did he deserve it today. I want to see a ferrari win more, hopefully the iceman can deliver but I don't see him be there as consistent as Seb.

Good to see a non Mercedes win.
Vettel and Ferrari it seems are back.
My boy Dan had an indifferent day but that's racing.
Red Bull in a quagmire with their cars atm.
ec90782245ef667a7d90ffe18735806adf64925cf735e11fa803eacd104c5556.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years