1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 2015 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Cassie Nunn-Price, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Hamilton

50.0%
  2. Vettel

19.6%
  3. Rosberg

5.8%
  4. Massa

0.7%
  5. Räikkönen

11.6%
  6. Nasr

0.7%
  7. Bottas

2.2%
  8. Ricciardo

2.2%
  9. Hulkenberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Verstappen

3.6%
  11. Sainz

1.4%
  12. Somebody else

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix.jpg
    The Shanghai International Circuit is home to the third race of the 2015 season, and is holding its 11th F1 race. Ferrari's performance will be the biggest watch this weekend as the team come off their first win since Spain 2013.

Last year saw Lewis Hamilton take pole and win the race ahead of team mate Nico Rosberg in the beginnings of their domination. Rosberg took the fastest lap with 1:40.402 seconds.

After Ferrari's outstanding performance in Malaysia with Vettel grabbing the win from previously dominant Mercedes, it has thrown a spanner in the works. Will Ferrari be Mercedes only competition for the season or was their win just because of good strategy and a mistake from Mercedes?

China often shows the natural pecking order for the rest of the season as the nature of the track separates the strong from the weak.

Unlike Malaysia, China's climate is much cooler, but is still unpredictable. Despite this tyres are still stressed from the demands of the track. One lap around Shanghai International Circuit is around 80% braking; with a mixture of low, medium and high-speed corners and the longest straight in Formula One at 1,170 meters, the track is a battle for tyres. Pirelli have chosen medium and soft tyres for this race, the same has Australia, and predict a two stop strategy; this strategy is deemed to be crucial in gaining the best performance for the race.

The long straight is optimal for teams that have a strong straight line speed, such as Williams and Ferrari, and will allow them to pull off passing manoeuvres over other teams who do not have strong straight line speed.

The biggest questions coming into this race are the conditions of Ferrari and if they can keep their strong performance over Mercedes? How Red Bull will compete against junior team Toro Rosso who have out performed the seniors? What have, or will, Mercedes do in order to beat rivals Ferrari?

Comment with your predictions for the Grand Prix and if you think Ferrari are Mercedes' main competition or will Mercedes be victorious?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Is my Verstappen victory vote a bit too enthusiastic?

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Not at all :laugh:

• Like Like x 6
  4. I have a strange feeling*... that Bottas will win. If Lewis don't make mistakes!
    (* have that all the time :p)

5. Look at the results of FP1. Mercedes is miles ahead ( although it's a bit early
    to make assumptions ) and Rosberg seems to be well beaten by Hamilton
    this year.

6. Guess I can have a drinking game to this race weekend, take a shot everytime the Norwegian commentator mention Massa's beard.But I doubt that I have enough drink to do that...

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

Well if a cannot vote for a mclaren im out of this!:whistling:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mercedes are ahead but its interesting to see that Ferrari once again have some kind of Race Pace. I can't help but wonder whether they could be serious title contenders this season if they can keep grabbing consistent points finishes and the occasional win when Mercedes mess it up

9. Huh? Breaking as in braking? And if so, 80%? I seriously doubt that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mercedes is way ahead, in qualifying at least. It's definitely gonna be an exciting
    race tomorrow and who knows this might be one of the best seasons ever.

1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:35.782
    2 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:35.824 0.042
    3 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:36.687 0.905
    4 Felipe Massa Williams 1:36.954 1.172
    5 Valtteri Bottas Williams 1:37.143 1.361
    6 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1:37.232 1.450
    7 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1:37.540 1.758
    8 Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:37.905 2.123
    9 Felipe Nasr Sauber 1:38.067 2.285
    10 Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:38.158 2.376

11. Looking at Mclaren and Red Bull fighting like this, reminds me of 2011 and 2012, except its for 14th not 1st haha

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

What a move by Verstappen.

13. Yeah, what a divebomb by Verstappen, would get him a warning if done in a RD race imo.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Yeah divebomb is about right, I don't think he had a lot of choice but still did it without locking up. Ericcson had a shock.

15. It looked like Ericsson was so shocked the car went into anti stall :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

And again!

17. Uhm wut?
    Nico: "Lewis is driving very slowly, he needs to speed up"
    What was that all about?

18. All about tyre management \at the moment.. Hamilton is just keeping to the lap time they gave him.

19. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Very simple: Vettel is putting pressure on Rosberg. And Rosberg is not driving in clean air because Lewis is not that far in front of him.

20. Understood, but if LH isn't fast enough, go ahead and try pass him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.