• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

2015 Ace Race #7, Germany: Post race discussion

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Blair Disley, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    this crash has nothing to do with the nature of the track or track layout.
    if you watch Gobbi his replay you will be amazed.
    If you watch Reira trying to "continue" his race without wings and 3 wheels then
    you'd have to ask yourself what will happen before these drivers realise that
    this is fsr and not a public server race.
    The thought proces is the most scary
    Hmmm i have 3 wheels on my car i dont have any rear or front wing anymore and heavily suspension damage hmmmmm I KNOW lets turn the car around on the middle of the track in the wrong direction OOPS i crash another guy well now i press esc ok np :)
    © Reira

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    And that's how you survive at Hockenheim:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Teemu Valkeejärvi

Teemu Valkeejärvi

Ratings:
    +16
    In my opinion if you can bring the damaged car to pits without ruining others races or causing "dangerous" situations it's ok, if you do ruin someone's race then I think some heavy penalty like race ban is in place. Everyone who uses even a little bit of common sense can bring a damaged car safely to pits (or press ESC when the damage is too severe) and continue (or DNF) the race, and those who can't use common sense will get their licenses removed or in a good case learn to use the common sense eventually.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Teemu Valkeejärvi

Teemu Valkeejärvi

Ratings:
    +16
    and this is how you don't:

5. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    the red car in the end is Reira

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Christian Smirnoff

Christian Smirnoff

Ratings:
    +240
    Mate, comparing road driving to racing (and specially, simracing) isn't very useful, they are entirely different things and have entirely different rules. Roads have speed limits to drive safely because speed kills, yet in racing you are trying to drive as fast as possible.

Having said that, anyway, if you have a car problem or you feel ill while driving on a public road, the right thing to do is nearly the same: you carefully drive at a slower speed, off the quick lane, until you find a place where you can safely pull off the road. Unfortunately, there's no ESC button on a public road. ;)

7. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    however you had the whole track to the right and going straight to my car. sorry

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  8. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    how dare you to say i had the whole track to the right. This was your fault and your fault only. You had to press escape instantaniously. I hope FSR realises that this behaviour is not acceptable in any way and is maybe acceptable in any public racing server online but not in FSR.
    How dare you to say but you. No "but you" dont point a finger at me and please think about what you did, what your thoughts where about turning your car in the wrong direction and causing a clearly avoidable retirement and thus 7 hours practise down the drain.
    In my opinion you should get a 1 race ban at least.
    Talking about racebans
    Gobbi is in this same category
    Look at Gobbi acting like the terminator of FSR

9. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    yes its my fault

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    I can't disagree on that statement.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Martin Hodás

Martin Hodás

Ratings:
    +43
    Christian, point is different: You have to prevent those situations, not to wait until somebody will crash with car which was probably not even repairable - like Valeriano did last time in Austria PRO.

And to Gobbi - that *put your favourite word here* should be really banned. And its not a first time he got protested this year

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  12. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    why?

13. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    why?

14. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    because you try to resume your race when you miss your left front wheel what you can see. you miss your front wing you have suspension damage. You could only do the right thing by pressing esc OR wait when everyone was passed. You how ever decided to spin your car in the opposite direction instantaniously and basicly drive over the track in the wrong direction and ending my race after i dodged every single accident. If you cant understand this still then FSR is not the league for you

15. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    off course, chris

16. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Won't like people like you are making some of my mistakes look like highly skilled driving...that was ROUGH....

• Haha Haha x 3
  17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    I'm fearing tomorrow's Pro lap 1 like nothing ever before. I've already mentally prepared myself for retirement.

• Haha Haha x 3
  18. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    it's my fault because I made a mistake I apologized as well as any other driver could have committed. I do not speak English'm translating from google maybe some things are misinterpreted

19. argenis riera

argenis riera

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not purposely after the accident front of my car took flight, I thought that since I was the last car.

20. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    From 1 noob to the other, if it looks like you can't continue, press ESC as quick as possible. Especially with massive damage.

If you do not believe me you can ask @Adrian Falcon

• Haha Haha x 2