2015 Ace Race #7, Germany: Post race checks

Will be updated with logs when they come.

Alessio Campus(5.00)
Q1: Clean
Launch control: Used
Log:
Pit exit: Clean
Tyre rules fulfilled: Clean

Argenis Riera(2.50)
Q1: Cut
Log:
Pit exit: DNF
Tyre rules fulfilled: DNF
Penalty: -2.00SR and pitlane start next race for incident #1, BOG of grid in race after that for Q1 cut.

Chris de Jong(5.00)
Log: N/A

Daniel Kiss(4.00)
Q2: Clean
Log:
Penalty: -1.00SR for incident #4[would be +5sec and -0.5SR but that wouldn't affect his finish position so higher SR]

Eros Masciulli(5.00)
Q2: Reported cut started 10th
Log:

Fabrizio Gobbi(0.50)
Q1: Cut
Log:
Penalty: -2.00SR and pitlane start next race for incident #2, BOG in second race after that for going below 1.00SR, BOG in third race after that for Q1 cut.

George Chatzipantelis(4.50)

Guillermo Prieto(4.50)
Q2: DNF
Log:

Giuseppe Ragusa(4.50)
Log:

Marek Godek(2.00)
Q1: N/A
Log:

Mark Aalberts(5.00)
Log:

Martin Hodas(5.00)
Log:

Michael Francesconi(5.00)
Log:

Michi Hoyer(3.50)
Log:

Mike Partington(3.00)
Log:
Tyre rules fulfilled: Yes
Penalty: -2.00SR and pitlane start in next race for incident #3

Miguel Reyes(5.00)
Log:

Pashalis Gergis(4.00)

Log:

Rens Klop(5.00)

Teemu Valkeejarvi(5.00)

Thomas Satherly(5.00)
Q1: Cut last corner on outlap
Q2: DNF
Penalty: BOG for Q1 cut.

Incident #1
L1 10-15sec into the "race", 20-25sec into the race Just look on board with me and Riera and consider the thought proces.

The thought proces of roling over with your car and losing all wings + a front wheel so basicly after the crash he has no wings no 4 wheels. He therefor decides to without having any notice of what driver is around him to spin the car ON the track and ruines my race. I demand a race ban for this, 2 races in a row by the same guy my race gets ended prematurely because he doesnt know how to drive. These people are a virus for FSR and need to be treated. Just think of his "logic" to try and make it what to the pits?

He ruines my race, 8 hours down of practise BYE BYE because of some idiot move that is ban worthy. If you do this in real f1 you lose your super license. If you do this in any real racing class you would have serious trouble. I've added a video. Imagine yourself being Reira in the red car, you just lost your wings you have 3 wheels on which his left front wheel is observably missing and obviously heavy suspension damage.

Imagine yourself Blair thinking ok im gonna turn my car around without watching who is coming towards me and im turning my car around in the wrong direction. This is no accident this is pure stupidity and i expect nothing less than at least a 1 race ban for this behaviour.

Drivers like this need to realise that with 3 wheels and no wings you can not try to drive around any further. He ends my race whilst i was super duper carefull. i can go on and on but this is crazier than the situation i had in Canada with Chatzkeplakis w/e i can go on and on but i should stop writing, even 5 hours after the race i still feel anger and mostly i dont understand his decision what he was trying to do? finish with 3 wheels i mean press esc

Director: Riera had 3 wheels and damage, and drives the wrong way on the track causing an accident with de Jong, ending de Jongs race.

Verdict: -2.00SR and pitlane start next race.

Incident #2
L1 turn 1
I went into t1 cautiously (this is lap1 turn 1 after all..)

Gobbi had some clear air and went in like a qualy lap. Looking at the replay he was going to struggle to make the corner anyway. He simply smashes into me and ends my race. Also caused some carnage down the pack too.

Director: Gobbi travels alot faster than others into turn 1, ending Satherlys race.

Verdict: -2.00SR and pitlane start in next race for Gobbi.

Incident #3
L1 193-200sec replay time

Mike Partington is off track and getting back on track when he loses the control of his car and due to that he hits my car to rear left tyre, after that contact I don't have any control of my car and I hit the wall and bounce to the middle of the track causing more crashes. I think if Partington was a bit more careful when getting back on track this could have been easily avoided.

Director: Partington is pushed wide into turn 1, but regains control, and loses the car when rejoining the track and spins into Valkeejarvi, ending his race along with a chain reaction.

Verdict: -2.00SR to Partington and pitlane start next race

Incident #4
L1 turn 1

Daniel pushed Mike wide at T1, causing him to go wide onto the grass and lose all control of the car which resulted in a damaged suspension, damaged front wing and massive flat spots on all 4 tyres and 18 seconds down on leader ater lap 1. Given the amount of drivers that ended up on the grass and T1 and span/retired there was absolutely nothing I could have done to control the car given the low amount of grip and it also ended up causing some extra mayhem at the start too becuase of that push.

Director: Kiss doesn't give Partington enough room, despite being side by side, causing Partington to go wide at T1, losing him 2 positions and a few seconds.

Verdict: -1.009SR to Kiss[would have been -0.50SR and +5sec, but that would not have affected his race finish position, so more SR is added].

Incident #5
L11,L23,L36 each pitstop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAsXEd8HQHg&feature=youtu.be&t=1h32m3s

My pit stand was just middle of the grass. I had to brake earlier and very carefuly. Also acceleration was very tricky, cos not only I was on grass, but even "SC" was right infront of me.

I was losing at least 1-2sec per every pitstop and also track position in battles. With all these I had no chance to undercut anyone by strategy and I was most of the race just ducking behind someone, who passed me right in moment of rejoining the track from pits.

Director: There was nothing I can do about this. I asked you to pit in warmup and check your pitbox still worked/did its job and it did. I will say though that it was not 2 seconds per pitstop, however it clearly was enough for other admins to have it fixed for PRO and WC. I think in future they will hopefully check the pitboxes better. I have talked to other admins about it.

Verdict: Nothing.

Incident #6
L1 195sec replay time

An accident happens ahead. Every driver behind it brake to avoid a chain collision. Reyes, however, doesn't, and hits Prieto from behind, destroying his car. We believe those who try to gain an advantage in these situations and ruin somebody else's race must be severely penalised.

Director: Reyes hits a slowing Prieto, possibly not knowing they would be going that slow due to unexpected accident ahead, and also his view being blocked by the cars in front. This wasnt turn 1, this was between turn 1 and turn 2 where theres no corners and no expectation to be braking.

Verdict: No penalty.

Last edited:
No comment... Kiss caused this and he escaped with the smallest penalty...
I partially agree with you. Yes, I did cause Mike to run wide and I take full responsibility for that, I already told him that I was sorry. Ragusa braked a bit earlier in front of me than I expected therefore it caught me by surprise and I understeered into Mike which caused him to run off, that's correct, I'm the one to blame for that.
Did I cause the mayhem which was created after Mike spun when he returned to the track? No, he had full control of his car on the grass after I pushed him wide. If only he lost control of his car and spun back from the grass I should be the one to blame for the mayhem.

I think Gobbi's penalty is way too severe. I had a race ban for 2 Q cuts and that was reduced to a pitlane start in Sakhir which actually made sense. No matter what he did I'd rather see him out of 1 race just in order for him to learn by his mistakes instaed of ruining 3 races in a row. Dunno where the motivation can come from when you know you are screwed until September. Maybe there should be some kind of reconstruction of the rules when they are being combined to each other, just stating my opinion here. Cheers.

I partially agree with you. Yes, I did cause Mike to run wide and I take full responsibility for that, I already told him that I was sorry. Ragusa braked a bit earlier in front of me than I expected therefore it caught me by surprise and I understeered into Mike which caused him to run off, that's correct, I'm the one to blame for that.
Did I cause the mayhem which was created after Mike spun when he returned to the track? No, he had full control of his car on the grass after I pushed him wide. If only he lost control of his car and spun back from the grass I should be the one to blame for the mayhem.
Full control on the grass, that sounds about right :) Plenty of drivers had full control on the grass that weekend.

Full control on the grass, that sounds about right :) Plenty of drivers had full control on the grass that weekend.
He was able to drive back to the track without a problem, therefore I wouldn't say he didn't have control of his car. You can't blame me for him putting down full power too early when he still had a tire on the grass.
On the other hand, I showed what it is like when you lose control of your car at T1 on the grass when I spun during the race.

Look how you have to judge the situation. In the throttle/brake graphic you will see that he had pressed, all the time in the grass he has no more than 50% throttle, how you say he pressed full throttle while in the grass. This is losing of control, like I lost control of my car in Hockenheim and Blair was the innocent victim to hit me. Teemu was the innocent victim and you don't have rights to blame Mike for that, especially when Mike was pushed wide before that it wasn't caused of his own mistake. I think this penalty is very very harsh for Mike, I'm not saying that Daniel is the guy to be blamed, I agree with his penalty at all. To be honest watching the video you have posted above, Teemu when sees Mike off the track he even didn't try to move to right to be more sure if in case Mike doesn't have his back on track as it is planned. In WC race when I went off the track at T1, Jernej went maximum to the right, because he wasn't sure what would happen.

Look how you have to judge the situation. In the throttle/brake graphic you will see that he had pressed, all the time in the grass he has no more than 50% throttle, how you say he pressed full throttle while in the grass. This is losing of control, like I lost control of my car in Hockenheim and Blair was the innocent victim to hit me. Teemu was the innocent victim and you don't have rights to blame Mike for that, especially when Mike was pushed wide before that it wasn't caused of his own mistake. I think this penalty is very very harsh for Mike, I'm not saying that Daniel is the guy to be blamed, I agree with his penalty at all. To be honest watching the video you have posted above, Teemu when sees Mike off the track he even didn't try to move to right to be more sure if in case Mike doesn't have his back on track as it is planned. In WC race when I went off the track at T1, Jernej went maximum to the right, because he wasn't sure what would happen.
Well, I said full power because of what I saw from Teemu's video, I haven't personally checked it from Mike's POV. :)
I never blamed him for the crash either, I just reacted to Ivanov's comment that he was blaming me for everything and I wanted to explain him that he can't blame me for how Mike rejoined the track in this case.

Ye but what Mike had to do, to brake in the grass and to wait all cars to pass him? That could be even more dangerous. The best way to rejoin the track was what Mike did, just that didn't went as was planned.

Ye but what Mike had to do, to brake in the grass and to wait all cars to pass him? That could be even more dangerous. The best way to rejoin the track was what Mike did, just that didn't went as was planned.

it would have been enough for him to keep the throttle on 20-25% (like he did most of the time on grass) until he gets on the track again but instead of doing that he started accelerating while still partly on grass and that caused him to spin so I'd say it was his mistake, I defo agree with you that the last thing he should have done was to brake. Also I could have gone to the right a lot more but I didn't expect Mike to spin and thought I was already clear, then we hit and I noticed I was wrong. I feel sorry for Mike as I see he was a victim in t1 too but he still could have been more careful when getting back on track and in the end he was able to continue the race and I wasn't.

Alessio Campus(5.00)
Q1: Cut last corner out lap
Log:
Penalty: BOG for next race due to Q1 cut.

Sorry Blair but I can't find my cut; are you sure it wasn't lag? I think I was on the edge but ok. If not, I will apologize and
tumblr_mkbfv9ezA11s9st8no1_500.jpg
Or at least I will try :). Thanks.

I have to say, in incident #6, that i braked because i saw a lot of smoke, and having that between 2 corners, certainly there is some kind of crash/spin in front, everyone knows that.

I couldn't see where the spinning car was, but the smoke is a sign of danger, so my point is, even though Reyes had some cars in front difficulting his view (as i did), the smoke is enough to have some caution, and he hadn't at all (you can see he is accelerating until the point he crashed me)

If a driver cannot expect an accident when there's smoke in front, then he has no place in FSR.

2.00 SR and Pitlane start.. You have to be kidding me. Why Mike has been punished so hard for something which situation wasn't in his hands, it was unpredictable and unavoidable. Really Blair, idk with what you gave this penalty. Most of the drivers would do the same like him, with that bumpy grass it's a lottary to know what will happen. I hope to re-think your desicion, just that's is too harsh, at least the Pitlane start to be removed, because now you take away the possibility to fight for the win and in the next race, which penalty I don't see here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yb8NOvMaHVsWcK2TxshHpAUp25KW1tTzml9hCDw5tg0/edit#gid=0

Not sure if its fair to give pitlane start on top of 2pp's for an accident that wasnt entirely Mike's fault. Yes i agree he could have rejoined without losing control and he deserves some sort of punishment but thats just over the top. I could understand pitlane start on top of 2pp's if Mike went off on his own and spun on rejoining in t1, just to give an example for people to take it easier in t1. But to ruin basically next race by giving this added pitlane start is just retarded. If someone deserved an "example" penalty it would be Kiss.(Im not saying that he should get bigger penalty, just an example.) He's that one that was overly agressive in T1.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000