2015 Ace Race #3, China: Post Race checks

"DQ and drive through next race for race cutting."

Just want to ask something, if the driver who you are applying the penalty wouldn't have finished the race, he surely wouldn't have recieve any penalty because nobody would have cared at all to check his laps, so why he recieves a harder penalty for finishing the race compared to not finishing?

This logic just killed me: If you finish the race, DQ (which is quite logic due the number of cuts) and DT for next race (which you wouldn't have if you didn't finish....)

Is there any explanation for this?

"2.8 If a driver's qualifying lap is deemed as a cut lap, the driver will receive the Penalty Points as mentioned in section 2.16, along with having to start from the back of the grid in the next race. If a driver fails to submit his qualifying laps for verification before the deadline, the penalty will be the same as if the laps were cut.
2.9 A cut lap shouldn't bring an advantage or the same time as an average race lap without a cut. A cut lap will be considered illegal if that lap is faster than 101.5% of the fastest clean lap of the stint the cut happened in. If a cut is made during a pit-in or -outlap, that lap will automatically be considered a cut lap, regardless of the laptime.
1) If driver has up to 10% illegal cut laps - no actions
2) If driver has more than 10% illegal cut laps - +30 sec race time penalty
3) If driver has more than 20% illegal cut laps - +60 sec race time penalty
4) If driver has more than 30% illegal cut laps - DQ"

From where that DT came from?

I am not giving an opinion on this particular penalty. I don't know the details at all but I am answering the post questioning the Race Directors Discretion I would draw attention to the following.

From 2015 general rules.
"17.3 Penalties will be administered following the Penalty Guidelines, but these are intended as
guidelines only. In the end, the Race Director will be responsible of reviewing each incident
independently."

I would also draw you attention to the penalty guideliines which say
"2.4 Minor online etiquette breach - Race Time Penalty
2.5 Major online etiquette breach - Race Time Penalty / Disqualification & Race Ban Penalty"

So you could infer from the level of the penalty that the Race Director has taken the position that it falls between the levels of 2.4 and 2.5 above. IE More serious than minor but not constituting major.

In any case I understand that the penalties are appealable.

Last edited:
You cannot appeal ACE and PRO verdicts. Now if Blair allows you to appeal then I guess that is his right as Race Director.

Guys there are clear lines in which you must be within. Stay in those lines and you won't get penalized, easy as that.

The Penalty Guidelines is exactly that: GUIDELINES.

Question,
When will the DT have to be taken?
1) Drivers decision when or within a certain laps which was not stipulated?
2) If the driver chooses to take the drive through when he feels least impact to him and has an unfortunate incident and is out of the race before adhering to DT what happens then, does that DT go to next race?

You cannot appeal ACE and PRO verdicts. Now if Blair allows you to appeal then I guess that is his right as Race Director.

Guys there are clear lines in which you must be within. Stay in those lines and you won't get penalized, easy as that.

The Penalty Guidelines is exactly that: GUIDELINES.

The only problem I see from this kind of penalties is that the way are given is quite random, past years was quite logic, First cut: Warning, Second Cut: Warning, from second cut onwards 0.5 SR.

Even if Blair follows a DT logic he should explain how this works, 1 cut 1 DT? 1 cut one warning? Do you have to care about past warnings?... Lack of information if the director follows their own judgement.

Last edited:
sorry but i don't agree for my penalty...it's too several +10sec and -1.0Sr point for this incident... i don't think that i have a big mistake, because klop don't leave me any space in the track....i can't knew that he closed me and in the last moment i can't do anything for avoid the incident....i can't fly in other part of track...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back