2014 - Turbos and the end of Vettel

If Mercedes stopped all development for this season completely, it would still take RB too much time to catch up, so no, I don't think so.
Mercedes always fails in second part of the season and Red Bull usually improves. RB10 is a hell of the chassis and Renault is looking strong to sort it's problems. So no, "I don't think so".

Obviously Vettel was a master of the old regs and because of his technical understanding working with Renault and Red Bull to make it work best for him (as the greats always do). I cannot understand why people think he cant/wont be able to adapt to these new regs. Ricciardo has caught him off guard but Barcelona showed he is mastering these cars even with reliability issues causing him to have less running, also he showed some impeccable race craft. I am not a fantatical Vettel fan far from it but i can only admire the work he puts in to get the most from the cars. This year may not be his but i dont think it will be long until he has a 5th title.

Mercedes always fails in second part of the season and Red Bull usually improves. RB10 is a hell of the chassis and Renault is looking strong to sort it's problems. So no, "I don't think so".
A hell of a chassis and yet in their best GP so far they finished almost 50 seconds behind the Merc duo. So maybe the Merc's development slows down halfway in the season, while RB improve. By how much? 10-20 seconds over a race distance? Still not quite enough, while a bigger improvement seems a bit too improbable.
And even if the DO manage to catch up with Mercedes' current performance (being quicker is even more far-fetched) - they'll have to fight Lewis and Nico and maybe they'll win a couple of GPs. But how big of a point advantage will Mercedes have at that point, if after just 5 races they're over 100 pts ahead of Red Bull and Nico has over twice as many points as Vettel?

A hell of a chassis and yet in their best GP so far they finished almost 50 seconds behind the Merc duo.
Just for the record: in 2012 fastest Red Bull finished more than a minute behind a race winner. In 2013 it was "just" 38 seconds.
So maybe the Merc's development slows down halfway in the season, while RB improve. By how much? 10-20 seconds over a race distance? Still not quite enough, while a bigger improvement seems a bit too improbable.
20 sec over a race distance is a 1/3 of a sec per lap or 10 kph per typical straight, very much possible to close. Get a calculator.

Last edited:
Just for the record: in 2012 fastest Red Bull finished more than a minute behind a race winner. In 2013 it was "just" 38 seconds.

20 sec over a race distance is a 1/3 of a sec per lap or 10 kph per typical straight, very much possible to close. Get a calculator.

Yeah sure.....because Merc has been pushed yet. LOL listen to yourself. Wishful thinking is your middle name. I was right whan I began the post months before the season started. Period. And that Vettel sucks is manifested by Ricciardo making him look real bad. I have good fun this year.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 253 13.3%