2014 - Turbos and the end of Vettel

Seriously?

What is he now? Royalty or something?

He's a guy that drives a car......many more of them on the grid.

Can picture it now, all the other drivers and teams bowing as he walks down pit lane. :roflmao:

Jeeeeez!

Indeed bro and truly i am overreacting hahaha but i had enough from listening bad things about him :D for me he is the best

So Vettel went to Pirelli again.. So if the tires won't suit RBR, they are gonna change them again, like last year?*

* I know, they were blowing up in Silverstone... Funnily, the new tires suited RBR that had been struggling and then they just flew away... Remember that?

From Pirelli this is.. not cool, i would say. They should provide EXACTLY the same information to every team. You should not get any extra insights by visiting the factory, at least when this sort of visits happen, there should be FIA and FOTA (ha!.. somekind of teams representative..) to monitor every second.

So Vettel went to Pirelli again.. So if the tires won't suit RBR, they are gonna change them again, like last year?*

* I know, they were blowing up in Silverstone... Funnily, the new tires suited RBR that had been struggling and then they just flew away... Remember that?

From Pirelli this is.. not cool, i would say. They should provide EXACTLY the same information to every team. You should not get any extra insights by visiting the factory, at least when this sort of visits happen, there should be FIA and FOTA (ha!.. somekind of teams representative..) to monitor every second.
Wait until Renault make engine changes for reliability again. Then we see red bull start playing fuel games again, Retarding the ignition so they can run lighter. Basically burning less fuel off throttle.

It is interesting now seeing that maybe Red Bull only blew everyone away at the end of the year because everyone else focused on 2014, whereas they were so consumed with setting records, that they took their eye off the ball.

Would explain their ****-show in testing.

Good point, that could explain the last part of the season but no one can deny that the "new" tires suited RBR the most and hurt Lotus possibly the most, Kimi had no chance on championship after that point. RBR exhibits Ferrari style "we are the best and F1 can't survive without us" attitude, just a bit here and there. Can't really blame them, 4 WDCs in a row... it is hard not to get proud.

I hope to not only enjoy a season of great racing with many battles and lots of excitement until the very last race with normal points, but also with the added bonus of seeing Vettel parking his car before race finish or finishing sub top 5.
Yeah I'm petty like that, I don't like the guy. :)
But I'm not willing to put money on it happening, the wildcard in the sauce is called Adrian Newey and he may just pull something magic out of is behind again and give Vettel a car that even Maldonado would win the championship with.

Like I said before, do you really think Newey has designed a fundamentally slow car? Almost certainly not.. they probably might have a season like the McLaren MP4-20 in 2005, where it's quick but unreliable.

Reliable or not, the Renault engine is not as quick as the Mercedes or Ferrari.
That's their biggest problem.

Their only saving grace may be that they still apparently gave phenomenal grip in medium/high speed corners, where they could make up a bit of time.

I don't see it being enough.
Mercedes engines will rule any full-throttle sectors.

@Chris Jenkins it's nothing new

In the past seasons, like, 2011 - 2012 while Schumacher was behind the wheel we saw that on circuits like Monza teams like McLaren couldn't get past the Mercedes. They are the strongest for sure, i am wondering whats happening with Ferrari's strong engine, although turbo or 1.6 litre is not their most powerful side.

As for Renault, i think they have one big problem - cooling problems.

RBR looked just fine to me today with Danny Ricciardo. Vetels car setup was ****. He had no idea.
As for Renault and turbo reliability......their history speaks for itself.
God help the opposition.

I wonder how Vettel could win a GP (albeit a rainy one) in a STR if he couldn't drive fast :p
(not my video but that seemed like a really rainy day)

I guess "hater's gonna hate" on anyone who performs far better than the rest for a long time (Schumacher, Loeb, Rossi in motorsports; Phelps, Bolt, Indurain in cardiovascular sports). Maybe motorsports seems too easy or the engineers really make a great difference (part of the charm of motorsports to me).
Vettel has won enough to gain my respect and hopefully he will keep racing.

Unfortunately Ecclestone and Todt have screwed F1 in search of profit (more teams, tracks and raised TV fees) in my opinion.

Goodbye V8's (especially Ferrari).

If you want to evaluate drivers mostly based on skill and not a car then watch GP2.
GP2 is still running V8?

Last edited:
IMHO, GP2 is not a good comparison. Yes, skill is the defining factor but the grip/power balance is very far towards too much grip, not enough power.. It's still skill that is needed but for raw talents, i'd go for World Series by Renault. GP2 is good as last proving ground cause it's so close to F1. GP2 is basically 2005 F1 with less power.... This year we may see tracks where F1 is barely faster than GP2.

That being said, of course the fighting is closer when all in the grid has the same car. That's the main difference, we wouldn't be watching F1 if it were a single chassis series. But GP2 also suffers from pay-drivers, much more than other lower formulas.. The overall skill level is way lower than what a real "F1 academy" should be... It's way too early to say but i'm pretty sure Kvyat is more talented than GP2 champions of late. All the GP2 drivers that came last year have been good at driving the car on rails, just saying...

Let me come back to this thread after months and say this: Season is 3-4 races old, where is Vettel? Oh, he cannot even beat his teammate? Oh sorry.....nevermind. Read thread title and send apologies my way please! Buahahahahahaha

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back