2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship

What does exist in american road racing however is the magnificent tracks... American road tracks are very old school and not as clinical as the european tracks these days. Reminds me a bit of the golden old years...

They have huge drops, uneven roads, wrong cambered turns and usually run through nature scenery.

So it's a bit sad actually, that the racing turned out to be so so...
But being so old-school they lack the facilities get more the European series come over here. We need a six hours or 12 hours of road America and mid Ohio

Speaking of our tracks ... I can't help but think that Sebring itself is partly to "blame" for some of the incidents ... I mean, it's one HELUVA track. Regarded as one of the most unforgiving tracks in the world.

This isn't to say there wasn't some seriously sketchy driving in the race, cuz there sure was.
Here's hoping the rest of the season shows better racing.

Very true but what's holding it back from getting people excited about it and opening their wallets? Courses like that are becoming increasingly rare!
What's holding it back?
TOTAL lack of publicity and air-time in the U.S. is what.
GOOD LUCK finding the race on any easily accessible channel here in the states.
LAME!!!
I mean, even the net-streams are restricted!! "Can't show this in your region." . .. I mean, WTF!! How can I NOT watch the race live here in the U.S. where it's taking place? :devilish:

What's holding it back?
TOTAL lack of publicity and air-time in the U.S. is what.
GOOD LUCK finding the race on any easily accessible channel here in the states.
LAME!!!
I mean, even the net-streams are restricted!! "Can't show this in your region." . .. I mean, WTF!! How can I NOT watch the race live here in the U.S. where it's taking place? :devilish:
It's got a lot to do with Rupert Murdoch buying up the rights to televise different racing series. I'm with you if it isn't NASCAR it doesn't get much publicity. I miss the hey day of CART in the early 90's! Also I never did get to see the WEC at COTA. just appalling how road racing is treated in the states.

Gave up with this, are they trying to squeeze a 24 race worth of adverts into 2 hours or something, bloody ridiculous.

If I hear that Fox Sport theme one more time I'll strangle somebody :cry:

Yeah indeed. The sheer amount of commercials was ruining it for me.
At least, as I live in Europe, I still had footage in my stream on the IMSA website. Just missing sounds and commentary.
They seem to have some interest from a monetary point of view...

It's sad to see how low the t.v. ratings are for non - NASCAR races here in the states. No businessman in his right mind is going to invest in a losing proposition like IndyCar , ALMS , Grand - Am or the current Tudor series. No one watches , and other than places like Sebring and Petit , no one attends. That's too bad.:(

Having said that , it was an enjoyable Tudor race at Long Beach yesterday. The P2 cars were competitive and the racing was close with no caution periods. Maybe they should let them run with a smaller field and pro drivers more often.:)

It's sad to see how low the t.v. ratings are for non - NASCAR races here in the states. No businessman in his right mind is going to invest in a losing proposition like IndyCar , ALMS , Grand - Am or the current Tudor series. No one watches , and other than places like Sebring and Petit , no one attends. That's too bad.:(

Having said that , it was an enjoyable Tudor race at Long Beach yesterday. The P2 cars were competitive and the racing was close with no caution periods. Maybe they should let them run with a smaller field and pro drivers more often.:)
Amen to that.

If I hear that Fox Sport theme one more time I'll strangle somebody :cry:
Weirdly mine skipped the ads, just went silent for a minute and played onboard footage from one of the open cockpit prototypes when they went to commercials. (green & black, Tequila Patron sponsor. Never figured out if it was #1 or #2)

Not too much drama, just racing. Advantage of running only the pro classes I guess.

Weirdly mine skipped the ads, just went silent for a minute and played onboard footage from one of the open cockpit prototypes when they went to commercials. (green & black, Tequila Patron sponsor. Never figured out if it was #1 or #2)

Not too much drama, just racing. Advantage of running only the pro classes I guess.
Did you watch the stream? If so, that's why. The streams never show ads ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%