2014 Movers and shakers

I hope they see it as:
Future says Hulkenberg

Lotus have said that they want a long-term deal with a driver which basically rules Massa out. I think (and hope) Hulkenberg will get the seat. Sauber might still take Massa since he brings some brazillian money and his experience would be great for Sergey Sirotkin if they hire him.

Checo 2014 contract not confirmed as Massa having talks with McLaren? Seen on Twitter...can't be true, thought Checo was contracted already???? :O_o:

Checo's contract is a 1+1+1 which means that he has an option to continue after each year if the team wants so.

Who said that Massa has money? I heard rumours about Massa and Petrobras aswell as Barrichello and TV Globo, but that's just speculation? Unless I know Massa does have money, he doesn't.

Anyway, feed up with people always saying "oh yeah, Massa once drove for Sauber, he's gonna go back there bla bla bla".

I'd rather have Leimer, Frjins or keep the Hülk. Experience alone doesn't win you races too(and Massa still crashes in some way or disappears in the field).

''Martin Whitmarsh is "closer" to confirming Jenson Button's 2014 team-mate - but only by a day.

Although it is widely believed that Sergio Perez will remain on the payroll for next year's Championship, McLaren have yet to rubberstamp the Mexican driver's new deal.

Asked whether he was 'any closer to confirming' his second driver, the McLaren team boss simply told Sky Sports F1: "Yes."

Pressed as to whether it would Perez, he refused to shed any light, saying: "I'm closer because I'm one day closer than I was yesterday and, guess what, tomorrow I will be one day closer as well!"

Whitmarsh added that McLaren are in no rush to confirm Button's team-mate but rather are bidding their time.

"I've said all along 'let's have a few races go by and then let's have a chat', and that's exactly what we are going to do.

"There's no tearing rush to do this at the moment. I know it's an interesting story - and a whole load of spurious stories stem from it - but we are in no hurry.''

Are McLaren keeping option open for as long as possible, personally I feel they rushed into get Checo Perez..... mistake.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back