2014 Mod Announcement

Maybe going on a bit here, sorry if I'm annoying everyone by bringing this back up, This is only a suggestion, but recently F1RFT released the full trackpack for their 2013 mod, and the version of Monte-Carlo in that trackpack is brilliant! I tested driving against the walls, and there were no bugs and it seems pretty good to drive. You said there might need to be a new version of Monaco for it to be on, and this is one :) The versions of Interlagos and Yas Marina in the trackpack is very good as well.

In case anyone is curious where to download it you can download it here...
http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR2/CARS/==Custom_RF2_Cars==/F1RFT_2013_FINAL.rfmod

Last edited:
i didn't know where i should post this, but accidentally i found a huge tyre heat bug from the Mod. At first i Always found it a bit strange how the tyre was going up and down at the same time in a corner. But Going alot quicker up than down which means he got overheaten but that didn't look so strange to me, until yesterday. I made a mistake and spun into the grass and stucked on the curb. Than i realised that my tyres are not cooling down. In fact they got hotter. Omg i seriously didn't believe until i saw it and thought are you serious:roflmao:. Than i tested it at the pitlane I spun on Purpose and looked what happened. Well, and the thing is: If your car moves your tyre cools down. If your car stops the tyre does not cool down. It doesn't matter how hot he is he won't go down again to 100C. For example: If i did donats getting tyre to 300C (which is crazy by the way) and than smash the car into a wall to force it to stop immediatelly the tyre will cool to 270C down and than he stopped it. First i thought (and that was crazy thinking) the Ground got heated up from my 300C Tyre (which is impossible) so i drived 10cm backwards. Well what happened when i drove 2km/h in reverse? The tyre cooled down by 20-30C than i stopped again and the tyre Stopped again to cool down. Conclusion: It's a bug. If you move your car it doesn't matter how slow or how fast the tyre cools down. If you don't the tyre doesn't. Ah and if you got your tyre to 200C and you drive 1km/h in reverse it cools down and if you stop it may could happen that the tyre get's even more hotter than he had before you drove at reverse . (Yes that happened:whistling:).

Ps: Sry for my bad english :cry:

i didn't know where i should post this, but accidentally i found a huge tyre heat bug from the Mod. At first i Always found it a bit strange how the tyre was going up and down at the same time in a corner. But Going alot quicker up than down which means he got overheaten but that didn't look so strange to me, until yesterday. I made a mistake and spun into the grass and stucked on the curb. Than i realised that my tyres are not cooling down. In fact they got hotter. Omg i seriously didn't believe until i saw it and thought are you serious:roflmao:. Than i tested it at the pitlane I spun on Purpose and looked what happened. Well, and the thing is: If your car moves your tyre cools down. If your car stops the tyre does not cool down. It doesn't matter how hot he is he won't go down again to 100C. For example: If i did donats getting tyre to 300C (which is crazy by the way) and than smash the car into a wall to force it to stop immediatelly the tyre will cool to 270C down and than he stopped it. First i thought (and that was crazy thinking) the Ground got heated up from my 300C Tyre (which is impossible) so i drived 10cm backwards. Well what happened when i drove 2km/h in reverse? The tyre cooled down by 20-30C than i stopped again and the tyre Stopped again to cool down. Conclusion: It's a bug. If you move your car it doesn't matter how slow or how fast the tyre cools down. If you don't the tyre doesn't. Ah and if you got your tyre to 200C and you drive 1km/h in reverse it cools down and if you stop it may could happen that the tyre get's even more hotter than he had before you drove at reverse . (Yes that happened:whistling:).

The ground, which is cooler than the tire, will dissipate heat from the tire as it rolls over it. And as speed increases, airflow also reduces the surface temps. Although at higher speeds a tire will still gain heat even in a straight line, especially if the car is producing downforce. This also occurs in rF2.

You've seen the thermal imaging (infrared) on F1 coverage, right? Just notice how when they take the tire warmers off of a car in the garage, the temps barely change at all until the car starts moving. And even though the tires are only in contact with the ground for a second or two before the car moves, there's a dark (cooler) patch visible there. As soon as they're rolling at even a slow speed the temps drop fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Great footage showing the variance over short periods of time.
I note the very even temps across the loaded outside tyre mid corner indicating good pressure/camber settings. In RF2 at present the inside edge is circa 30 deg hotter mid corner with good settings. It make sit hard to get this right in setup.

Well what happened when i drove 2km/h in reverse? The tyre cooled down by 20-30C than i stopped again and the tyre Stopped again to cool down. Conclusion: It's a bug. If you move your car it doesn't matter how slow or how fast the tyre cools down. If you don't the tyre doesn't. Ah and if you got your tyre to 200C and you drive 1km/h in reverse it cools down and if you stop it may could happen that the tyre get's even more hotter than he had before you drove at reverse . (Yes that happened:whistling:).

I'd rate this to same category of "bug" as in Assetto Corsa where the car goes from 5 km/h to 0 km/h in one discrete step. In principle you are correct that it probably shouldn't cool as much when driving 1 km/h, but in practise these things are more or less irrelevant for racing, as less than 1% of driving happens at at these speeds. The developer probably didn't focus to fine-tune the tire temperature response at these speeds.

The ground, which is cooler than the tire, will dissipate heat from the tire as it rolls over it. And as speed increases, airflow also reduces the surface temps. Although at higher speeds a tire will still gain heat even in a straight line, especially if the car is producing downforce. This also occurs in rF2.

You've seen the thermal imaging (infrared) on F1 coverage, right? Just notice how when they take the tire warmers off of a car in the garage, the temps barely change at all until the car starts moving. And even though the tires are only in contact with the ground for a second or two before the car moves, there's a dark (cooler) patch visible there. As soon as they're rolling at even a slow speed the temps drop fairly quickly.

Yes that's the reason why i posted it. If you drive to a colder place let's say 1cm away from your standing point where the tyres didn't cool down. The tyre will cool down when you move to that specific place but if you brake again and stop after a millisecond you touched the "cold Place" The tyre stops again to Cool down. That's what i would call a bug because it's not possible for the ground to get heaten up to 300C in under a second ;) ;) Anyway thank you all for the answers you made.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FnCkHtSlGbo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years