2014 Mod Announcement

Formula SimRacing is today announcing the decision to use stock ISI mod physics for the 2014 season, following four seasons of racing with custom built FSR mods. The mod in question will be ISI Formula Masters 2012.

The decision to use a stock mod was a trivial one for the ISR Club Board, due to the limited number of quality mods existing for rFactor2. The option of using ISI Marussia was also considered in detail, but due to practical issues this mod was unfortunately not a realistic option.

The car physics will be kept as is, with the exception of bug fixes and possible external changes, if the administration feels necessary. There will be no mod testing team, but everyone is encouraged to report bugs on the public forum.

News about mod distribution and detailed instructions for painting will be released at a later date. The base mod and .PSD file can be downloaded from here and here.

Also read the full season 2014 press release at RaceDepartment.

Should've used F1RFT 2013 in my opinion but I guess a generic f1 car is better than using a not so popular car such as the marussia

Formula SimRacing is today announcing the decision to use stock ISI mod physics for the 2014 season, following four seasons of racing with custom built FSR mods. The mod in question will be ISI Formula Masters 2012.

The decision to use a stock mod was a trivial one for the ISR Club Board, due to the limited number of quality mods existing for rFactor2. The option of using ISI Marussia was also considered in detail, but due to practical issues this mod was unfortunately not a realistic option.

The car physics will be kept as is, with the exception of bug fixes and possible external changes, if the administration feels necessary. There will be no mod testing team, but everyone is encouraged to report bugs on the public forum.

News about mod distribution and detailed instructions for painting will be released at a later date. The base mod and .PSD file can be downloaded from here and here.

Also read the full season 2014 press release at RaceDepartment.
o

I guess this means DRS will be in fsr this year :) Should make the racing a lot more exciting. guessing detection and activation points will be like they are in real f1

No way DRS to be enable. In my opinion DRS destroyed the fights and real battles in Formula 1, now the drivers make their overtakes too easy.. If you want something new, go to try your chance in some amateur league where these stuff are allowed.

I guess some people might say that but I'm a fan of it, it has created some fabulous battles in real f1. Take Valencia 2012 for example. That race would've not been as exciting without DRS. I guess this is something for the ISR Club Board to decide on.

On what you said about joining an amateur league, I have no intentions to race in an rfactor 2 league soon cos I'm just not good enough at rfactor 2 as of yet. I do hope to race in fsr in the future though. That's one of the reasons why I post here a lot, the other being I'm a huge fan of FSR, I watch the broadcasts regularly.

No way DRS to be enable. In my opinion DRS destroyed the fights and real battles in Formula 1, now the drivers make their overtakes too easy.. If you want something new, go to try your chance in some amateur league where these stuff are allowed.

Even with DRS it's impossible to overtake at the moment, the dirty air is a real problem, the slipstream isn't that strong either so I expect it to be changed before the season starts. DRS isn't a solution in simracing in my opinion, we don't need fake racing

Well as I see it, the options are

a) DRS + default (not realistic?) slipstream/dirty air
b) DRS + realistic slipstream/dirty air (tuned)
c) no DRS + realistic slipstream/dirty air (no overtaking possible except tracks like China)
d) no DRS + unrealistic slipstream/dirty air

Feel free to discuss it anyway. The WC teams will have decisision right regarding WC sporting rules, although this is both a technical and sporting decision, but it will be discussed in TOA.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%