2014 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i just cannot understand who is the guy behind this that made that very very (cynical of course) good choice or idea whatever, to bring out the loader on the circuit by passing the safety wall and placing himself at the end of the run-off area, next to the car of Sutil, to pick it up. Wouldn't be just fine if they left the Sauber stuck there? Even if car crashed into it, what?

I understand Sauber would pay for more and not necessary damages to its car which would be inflicted by another driver crashing into it, but after all in the circumstances it was very logical thing to do. It was damn too risky and yet they took out the loader on the turn where you are going kinda uphill, long left very fast turn which is little bumpy on the right edge of the corner itself. Drivers were driving wide everywhere, no wonder they went out on the same corner, lap after lap or at least after two laps. Same place same way.

They should just have left the Sauber there. It was stupid decision to try and pick it up but it is what it is.

Now best we pray for Jules and just hope his career wont be ended too soon.

The commissaries were waving a double yellow flag on that zone. Plus the info on radio that could be given to the pilots. They could have left the car there? Of course they could but it was dangerous too. A car crashing into another car could be a dangerous accident too. You never know what happens. The error was not deploying the safety-car while the truck was removing Sutil's car. That was the main error and principle error.

EDIT: Horrible horrible crash. The car flied over the gravel and didn't lose any speed.

Reactions: Dux
BzSESKzCYAA0Q60.jpg

The green flag is correctly shown.

BzSESKzCYAA0Q60.jpg

The green flag is correctly shown.
11 seconds after they changed from double yellow to GREEN ,Bianchi spun out.

so Bianchi got green while the toetruck was still inside of the safety wall.

no guarantee it wouldnt happen under yellow or double yellow

but all edited out of the TV footage and later off youtube makes one think what and why the FIA is up to.

Let me call the post shown in the picture above post A, B and C. from right to left.

The nearest marshall post C gave double yellow for as long the truck is in their sector. From the moment the truck moves towards the opening in the wall and passes the marshall post, they wave the green flag. I am convinced that the marshall post B, was still waving double yellow flags.

When the towtruck passed the marshall waving the yellows there was no more danger after that point and was correctly greenflagged. Situation is extremely unlucky and I doubt if there is anyone to blame.

Shame though, FIA finally took the guts to let a bit more rain pour down before throwing SC's around as usual and then this happens... Every waterdrop coming down during the rest of the season will cause instant SC situations now...

Why on earth would you post the gif? Now anybody scrolling down page 6 of this thread has no option but to see this, and many don't want to. At least with an embedded video you have the option to press play.

Pretty sure anyone remotely interested in F1 would want to see it, mate.

There's no graphic cruelty or any gory stuff, so it's pretty OK to post. But thanks for the concern anyway. :thumbsup:

Let me call the post shown in the picture above post A, B and C. from right to left.

The nearest marshall post C gave double yellow for as long the truck is in their sector. From the moment the truck moves towards the opening in the wall and passes the marshall post, they wave the green flag. I am convinced that the marshall post B, was still waving double yellow flags.

also after Bianchis crash,,the marshall waves still green for half a minute
can see the full coverage and flag signals here

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=811640182220515&fref=nf

Either you go here or in the thread about Jules Bianchi you speak about Jules Bianchi.
Like Vettel said, everything is secondary now.
Its sad to see thing likes this happening from not that bad crash, but chain of events that led to this. Very very sad...

Again and again, why they didn't brought SC since loader was out! Why...

Again and again, why they didn't brought SC since loader was out! Why...
Because there were sufficient yellow flags out, and they indicate danger and drivers should slow down properly.

Its sad that this ends with such a horrible accident but it are first of all the drivers that go too fast in conditions where they should take precautions.

I agree with everything Bram just said, I do believe Jules went way way too fast into that corner, and as for Massa saying it was too wet and should have been stopped earlier, if it was so wet why were you on Inter tyres and not full wets?

I agree with everything Bram just said, I do believe Jules went way way too fast into that corner, and as for Massa saying it was too wet and should have been stopped earlier, if it was so wet why were you on Inter tyres and not full wets?

Maybe because he risked more than he wanted to but knew inside it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back