2014 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm very strange apparently the race was called after 54 laps rather than 56 which means Kobayashi's overtake on Bianchi is reversed, hmm kind of glad Ricciardo didn't catch and pass Alonso as that would also have been reversed and Ricciardo would have been taken off of the podium again

hmm very strange apparently the race was called after 54 laps rather than 56 which means Kobayashi's overtake on Bianchi is reversed, hmm kind of glad Ricciardo didn't catch and pass Alonso as that would also have been reversed and Ricciardo would have been taken off of the podium again
wut?

i find the whole chequered flag thing kind of amusing. that poor guy who waved it must feel really embarrassed :roflmao: don't think he'll get much sleep tonight.

anyway it looks like Merc are romping away with the championship this year. wonder if we'll see a repeat of 1988 with one team winning all but one of the races - or maybe Merc can go one better and win all of the races this season.

but i wonder if Red Bull can't maybe sneak a win in Spain, they've always gone well at that circuit.

Interesting logic out there...

Vettel is hated because he is not a "good teamplayer"...
... at same time people love Alonso. Yup, a great example of teamplayer. Ask Piquet Jr.!!

• Deleted member 161052

Neither I like Alonso or Vettel.

Well, hate is a very strong word, to strong in this situation, I guess dislike is more fitting, and from how both Vettel and Alonso have behaved publicly in the past it is beyond me anyone can like them (or even not dislike them). But each to his own, I don't care if my best friend is a Vettel fan, even if I can't understand it.

I must admit that was a pretty boring race, but it probably got amplified by being right next to Bahrain.

Oh well, Hamilton seems to be on a roll, I hope Rosberg can get his act together so there's a fight for the championship.

Good job by Alonso, but the Ferrari is still behind Red Bull pace-wise, they had good strategy calls. If Ricciardo hadn't been kept on softs for so long, he would have been on the podium. As for Vettel, he pushed too hard trying to overtake Alonso and that killed his left front tyre. He was basically limping around at the end of the second stint. After he changed tyres he was fast again.

Massa's tyre change was awesome :whistling: Also nice start, looks like they have worked on making those suspensions a bit more durable.

Well, hate is a very strong word, to strong in this situation, I guess dislike is more fitting, and from how both Vettel and Alonso have behaved publicly in the past it is beyond me anyone can like them (or even not dislike them). But each to his own, I don't care if my best friend is a Vettel fan, even if I can't understand it.

If you don't like what Vettel has done, then there must be no driver on earth that you have ever liked. He's been relatively clean, and don't mention Multi 21, because you know Webber would've done exactly the same in that situation. In fact, he did, or tried to, on a few occasions.

If that's the worst he's done, I wouldn't mind having as clean a conscience as him.

Alonso, yes, there you have a point.

Reactions: Dux
I thought that Alonso was lucky not to get a penalty for moving over into Massa at the start. If the accident had turned serious and Alonso was called Romain It would have been a one race ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%