2014 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't smart to drive like there isn't a car on your side either, Hamilton takes a slightly wider line nothing happens.

And that is why its just a racing incident. HAM didn't leave enough room and ROS was a bit too ambitious. Adding to that, HAM driving like a maniac with a rear puncture and damaging the floor also messed up his race

It isn't smart to drive like there isn't a car on your side either, Hamilton takes a slightly wider line nothing happens.

Not even Hamilton would expect Rosberg to stick his nose there on the 2nd lap, that's why he took the normal line.

Rosberg is not very good at pacing himself, when to push and when to calm down and basically driving around other cars. In essence, he's one of the quickest drivers but definitely not one of the best racers in the field.

Not even Hamilton would expect Rosberg to stick his nose there on the 2nd lap, that's why he took the normal line.

Rosberg is not very good at pacing himself, when to push and when to calm down and basically driving around other cars. In essence, he's one of the quickest drivers but definitely not one of the best racers in the field.

That's the whole issue too often Hamilton expects people to just yield, Hamilton not expecting something doesn't make it Rosberg's mistake.

There was a car there, Hamilton should be mindfull of that, Rosberg had no shot of overtaking from that position but he has a right to keep his car there and make things difficult for the other driver.
He was trying to make Hamilton compromise his line so that he could pressure him in the next corners, Hamilton took a chance...

From BBC Sport
Lewis Hamilton claims Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg admitted in a post-race meeting that he deliberately hit him during Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.
Hamilton's race was effectively ended when he suffered a puncture on lap two at Spa after Rosberg collided with him.
The German went on to finish second, extending his lead in the championship to 29 points with seven races left.
"We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," said Hamilton.
The 2008 world champion added: "He said he could have avoided it, but he didn't want to. He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

Didn't he win 2 times before that?

If Mugnussen (purposely typo-d) doesn't get a 10-sec penalty (yes, that's 2 5-sec ones), I will literarely go to wherever Charlie is, and shoot him straight in the forehead

Oh, and look who wins... again... It's slowly starting to become like Merc now

Belgian GP is down from being one of my favourites to being my 2nd worst track on the calendar, and 3rd worst in F1 ever (behind, of course, COTA, and Mugny-Cours)

iWKad22.jpg

Gloves are off. All thou admitting that one could've avoided something is not the same as deliberately causing it. Rosberg could not cause a puncture to happen on purpose even if he wanted to. I'm guessing it's the "Senna excuse": i'll put my car here and if you turn on me it's your fault (which was bullcrap then and still is...)

Rest of the season is going to get very interesting indeed.

then again sky just said, Toto Wolff denies Rosberg crashed but Rosberg has acknowledged that he could have avoided crashing but didn't in order to make a point.
Then below it says a slow-mo version shows Rosberg suddenly turned into Hamilton as the Englishman took the racing line through the chicane at the end of the Kemmel Straight.
If anyone wants to read the full version:
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report...iberately-but-confirms-he-was-proving-a-point

Lets just say its pretty confusing

Its clear in my mind what rosberg`s tactics are to maintain his point lead,
The same tactics happened in monoco and now they happen here.
He was allways going to be in a compromising position on the inside moving into that left turn knowing full well before hand what to expect.
Lewis knows this the team knows this.
These guys are the best in the world and can judge distance very accurately and ive no doubt in my mind it was on purpose.
These guys can thread a needle @ 200 mph,
Judging the time it takes to walk through a closing door without being hit we all can do.
If you think for one second this was a accident you must have real bad coordination and spatial awareness.
Any of us sitting here now could of avoided this from happening....
2i0druw.jpg

Dirty and dangerous....
But as far as taking a driver out with perfect timing to make just the correct amount of contact this was flawless and perfectly done...well done nico great sportsmanship and great timing, Your a deserving world champion when you can pull off such a perfectly timed assault on his rear tire.

In case youtube delete my vid..
http://www.freeleacher.webspace.virginmedia.com/yeah-right.mp4

Last edited:
I'd venture to say this partnership is over.
These guys will never trust each other.
It's sad, because they go all the way back to karting days.
It was an avoidable racing incident spawned by a rather ambitious move on Rosberg's part.
The irony is, he was just a bit faster and could have gotten by at the exit of Pouhon.
The move was never going to work there. He didn't have track position.
Had he even gotten by, he'd be out of position for the next corner and likely to lose position.

If I walk up to you and slap you around the face hard and say oh sorry that was a accident are you going to believe me ?
I'd venture to say this partnership is over.
These guys will never trust each other.
It's sad, because they go all the way back to karting days.
It was an avoidable racing incident spawned by a rather ambitious move on Rosberg's part.
The irony is, he was just a bit faster and could have gotten by at the exit of Pouhon.
The move was never going to work there. He didn't have track position.
Had he even gotten by, he'd be out of position for the next corner and likely to lose position.

No that was a pre meditated deliberate move with the intention of destroying the rear tire of the car he was unable to overtake cleanly.
Watch the vid above and you can clearly see him setup and execute the move.
Anyone of us could of avoided that and frankly im amazed anyone thinks it was a accident when the video evidence is right there.
Race ban in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years