2014 Division Structure

I think there is too much discussion on WS/WT while FSR must be focused on placing WC as the top sim racing championship in the world...

I agree only partially; don't forget that most of future WC simdrivers are in ACE and PRO categories ;) . Better to don't underrate our happiness and support.

As PRO simdriver I don't like new rules (60% and top 3/5 rules), but I understand these changes meaning and I like how FSR staff works. About same car and same physics topic, I'm glad that all series will use an "F1" mod.

hey guys, haven't been within the community for a few years now, but looking at maybe returning to sim racing again for this season. got rfactor2 not long ago and after like 3-4 years away from sim racing feel like having a crack at it again haha. so i was just wondering are the ace and pro championships still on the same day/times as back in previous years? or are they not announced yet?

I've got to be honest I really do not understand the new 'ACE' concept. I can see it it has been built to a GP2 style event but I really see little point to it.

All you're doing is setting up racing that is closer to Touring Car level than development of drivers in to the main WC level. Not only that it will be the same mod.

WC bosses will have no real gauge either of who is good or not cause the race is split in two therefore you could have a guy that rips through tyres in a 30% race distance and someone who is easier on tyres in the feature race. So when the managers are evaluating they have little to go off until a private test... so, what's the point?

I don't buy in to the racing spectacle aspect either cause WC is most watched so for WS/ACE makes no difference. It's purely development/feeder league and should provide WC managers with best possible pool and knowledge to promote a driver. Splitting the races does not achieve this.
could not agree more on this.

I've got to be honest I really do not understand the new 'ACE' concept. I can see it it has been built to a GP2 style event but I really see little point to it.

All you're doing is setting up racing that is closer to Touring Car level than development of drivers in to the main WC level. Not only that it will be the same mod.

WC bosses will have no real gauge either of who is good or not cause the race is split in two therefore you could have a guy that rips through tyres in a 30% race distance and someone who is easier on tyres in the feature race. So when the managers are evaluating they have little to go off until a private test... so, what's the point?

I don't buy in to the racing spectacle aspect either cause WC is most watched so for WS/ACE makes no difference. It's purely development/feeder league and should provide WC managers with best possible pool and knowledge to promote a driver. Splitting the races does not achieve this.
could not agree more on this.
same here

There will be plenty of tire management challenge with rF2 regardless of the race length, much more than ever seen in rFactor.

Regarding the race times, I would like to announce them, as soon as we find an Ace director and confirm his timetable. The Pro director can't do Saturday morning so the ACE/PRO timeslots are either Saturday evening or Sunday morning/day.

There will be plenty of tire management challenge with rF2 regardless of the race length, much more than ever seen in rFactor.

Regarding the race times, I would like to announce them, as soon as we find an Ace director and confirm his timetable. The Pro director can't do Saturday morning so the ACE/PRO timeslots are either Saturday evening or Sunday morning/day.

With all due respect, but I think before you get someone to manage, a prerequisite is that his weekend is available. Else, for respect for community, neither he should be presented as a director, nor you choose him.

I can also have things to do in the time available, and atleast the other way would have the possibility of there being a time in which I could run (just a possibility).

I think it's irresponsible.

With those criteria we have 0 directors for next season available. The guy I am hoping for is American, he cannot possibly wake up at 4 AM to direct Ace. We have other options as well, but people have weekend/family activities outside FSR. Sometimes compromises have to be made to get the best possible person.

i applied for a role for commentating but never heard anything of it anymore even after messaging the right persons. Would like to play my part but i have hopefully a wrong feeling that FSR will take a step backwards in many directions. If there is anything i can do to contribute i would love to know and if its within my possibilities i would not say no

With those criteria we have 0 directors for next season available. The guy I am hoping for is American, he cannot possibly wake up at 4 AM to direct Ace. We have other options as well, but people have weekend/family activities outside FSR. Sometimes compromises have to be made to get the best possible person.

I dont think so. Surely many people can contribute, as Chris said, I also sent a msg for social media, but dunno I didn't know more about it...

Obvious everybody have a life outside FSR, but IMO people need to adapt to the league, not the reverse.

With all due respect too, but before selecting someone, first you need people. If there is no people, whatever you say is irrelevant.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if u not advertise, people are not guess. And if you announced, atleast I didn't see it (Only about social medias, and I connect almost daily), so perhaps you may have to put more visible.

In any case, IMHO that is no excuse to do so. It's as if I do not finish a race because I have three wheels, it is clear that I can't finish it, but my job is to keep all wheels on my car...

Sorry to say but a 30% race makes absolutely no sense with the FISI car. Increasing the race distance to 75% would give more exiting races due to the different options on strategies.

Please reconsider it again having in mind the car (pit stop options/strategy) which is used.
As you can see here in this thread there are a few people which are not even interested running those sprint races in a F1 car :O_o: including myself.

The current race distance has a little to no room for different strategies which will only lead to a static race train with a few exceptions.

As said please reconsider with the car in mind.

Cheers

Not sure I understand what you mean with the car part. Sprint races are run in GP2 with cars that have no DRS and durable tires, so even less overtaking. With FISI car, DRS + fragile tires, the sprint race rule actually makes much more sense than in GP2, as there will be both overtaking and the tire element even in a 30% race.

Also I'm not following why a 75% race would be that much more exciting than 60%, it's a difference of around 7 laps. We have tires that do not last for much longer than 10 laps on tracks like Sepang. There will be different pit stop strategies regardless of whether it's 60% or 75%.

Sorry to say but a 30% race makes absolutely no sense with the FISI car. Increasing the race distance to 75% would give more exiting races due to the different options on strategies.

Please reconsider it again having in mind the car (pit stop options/strategy) which is used.
As you can see here in this thread there are a few people which are not even interested running those sprint races in a F1 car :O_o: including myself.

The current race distance has a little to no room for different strategies which will only lead to a static race train with a few exceptions.

As said please reconsider with the car in mind.

Cheers

If the point is to style it after the GP2 series, then the lack of pit stops will be more authentic. I still imagine at 60% length you will still see at least 2 pit stops.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%