2014 British GT Championship

HEY! Cool ... i didn't know about this series. Not sure what sort of access I'll have to it here in the U.S., but I'll certainly keep my eyes out for feeds and recaps :cool:
GT is pretty much my favorite class ... superceded by Le Mans, which includes GT (mixed-class I mean ;))

@Dave Wild I'm thinking of driving up Monday to see the main racing, any tips, such as best place to sit? Can you take camping chairs in like Silverstone or is it grandstand only?
Any good tips appreciated :thumbsup:

You can take camping chairs Paul. There are 3 entrances to Oulton Park, 2 take you to the outside of the circuit and the main one takes you to the inside (have a look on their web site and/or Google earth.
Parking at these big events is organised so it's pot luck where you get parked. You can access both inside and outside of the circuit via 2 bridges, one at the start/finish straight and one at the other side of the circuit at Clay Hill. There are also crossing points across the track but I'm not sure if they open these during big meets.
There are grandstands (yeh, right LOL) at Lodge and Old Hall, £10 extra.
If you are able bodied try to get there early and have a wonder round, almost all of the track provides good viewing.
Druids is a bit of a trek to get to and Knickerbrook has chainlink fencing.
My fav spots are on the inside at the exit of Lodge and Old Hall, these are quite often where the incidents happen, Old Hall being the first corner.
Photography is good apart from the mentioned chainlink fences, most of the rest of the circuit is devoid of such things.
Weather's looking reasonable and if you get bored with the racing you can always spot the light aircraft flying over from/to Liverpool ;-)
Hope you enjoy the day if you do come.
If you haven't been before it's a quite picturesque circuit and interesting to drive.

No access to pit lane but paddock is open and on the inside of the circuit next to the main entrance.

ClayHill2.jpg

Start of Clay Hill from inside of circuit

OldHall.jpg

View from grandstand at Old Hall
88.jpg

Top of Clay Hill

Nice. Oulton Park is on my to do list, unfortunately living in the South it's a bit of a trek for a day out. I was going to go see this at Brands again but the date clashes with something I can' t get out of :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%