2013 V8 Supercars

Ah, feared he will replace one of the Vodafone guys, but it's just the development series.

Who'll be gone from the grid in 2013? Greg Murphy, shame, Shane van Gisbergen, shame. Anyone else?

Who'll be gone from the grid in 2013? Greg Murphy, shame, Shane van Gisbergen, shame. Anyone else?

I think it is all still being developed, so who knows what else may follow. I doubt we'll see too many more surprises. Certainly a shame re Murphy and Van Gisbergen, but I'd guess we'll see Murph in the enduro events, and I'd be surprised if van Gisbergen doesn't reappear in the future somewhere, if not in V8's. He is too good a talent to "disappear".

I think he just spoke without thinking! I guess when you have a bad time at one team you lose your enthusiasm a bit, and can't see the bigger picture. I'm sure he'll learn from the experience.

Hmmnnn!! Seems like SVG hasn't been totally upfront and honest hey.
I don't understand the politics behind the scene, but it seems a huge waste for SVG to throw away the opportunity of the SBR / AMG combo. Sure, it may take a season or two to hit the top, but the combo has huge potential.
Probably a favourable short term money offer went on somewhere with SVG (behind Ross Stone's back) is my guess.

It is a bit low of SVG, whether there was an agenda or not. Whichever way you look at it, he made a big thing out of leaving V8s and being tired of racing, only to say "oh, I've changed my mind - sorry about that!"

Not impressed, and him signing up with a whole new team while doing so seems fishy...

Regardless of this story with SBR and SVG, I'm looking forward to the new season. New cars, new manufacturers, new sponsors for top teams, new teams etc... Alot of unpredictability but should be good fun as always.

+1

The V8's is one of my favourite series. And it's gradually becoming better known outside of Australia. We get delayed highlights in the UK on Motors TV, which although has inferior picture & sound quality to the native broadcasts, still gives us a decent insight into the most exciting touring car championship in the world. (and cleanest too, i wonder what the V8 stewards would make of the BTCC?! :)) The sight, the sound, and the competitiveness of the field make it unmissable for any motorsport fan. WIth all the new stuff coming this season it just makes things even more exciting. Does anyone know of any live streaming becoming available for 2013?

I think one day i'lll be paying a visit and catching one or two events. I believe there's a little race around a mountain or something? Might be worth a look...

These are all of the cars that have been revealed so far, to my knowledge:

CS Racing Jeld-Wen (Alex Davison):

LdgPUaQ.jpg

Ford Performance Racing:

BE4GQAD.jpg

Dick Johnson Racing:

Vl3xcud.jpg

Garry Rogers Motorsport (Alexander Premat):

m5jOF1m.jpg

Team BOC:

UTInG7R.jpg

Holden Racing Team: