2013 Testing Master Thread

It´s all speculation though so keep your hopes up until Q3 AUS :)
It's like asking 3 people and getting 4 opinions.
I have barley found two articles that share the same opinion.
I just hope the diffrence in tyre performance between quali and race won't be that huge, but I fear it will. I'm not really a fan of "driving slow as fast as possible"

In regard to the Cosworth engine one page ago: Just noticed Marussia actually had the highest top-speed of all teams in Barcelona. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Cosworth engine is good, since aerodynamics also play into this, additionally raw power output isn't the only thing that matters. But it can't be that terrible.

1. Marussia Bianchi 320,5 km/h
2. Ferrari Alonso 316,7 km/h
2. Sauber Hülkenberg 316,7 km/h
2. Force India Sutil / Di Resta 316,7 km/h
5. McLaren Button 315,8 km/h
6. Lotus Räikkönen 314,9 km/h
6. Mercedes Hamilton 314,9 km/h
8. Toro Rosso Vergne 311,2 km/h
8. Williams Maldonado 311,2 km/h
10. Red Bull Webber 307,7 km/h

I think HRT were the fastest cars in some races in 2012, or among the fastest ones.

The problem is that, according to Barrichello when he was in Williams, the Cosworth is so spikey it's like having an on/off throttle. It ate the rear tyres because wheel spin was unpredictable.

Also, "they" say that it uses more fuel, cause it's been designed back in the days, when you could refuel the car during pit stops, just like all the other engines, but it wasn't developed as much (if it was at all) until 2010.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back