1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Season

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Kurt Southwell, Jan 29, 2013.

1. is team ORSM going to do a 2013 season?? i wonder because of the new models needed (Nissan, Merc, VF commodore), and the wheels. if they go ahead with 2013 season, could talk to the tech team at iRacing.com and see if you could use their new V8 Supercar sounds, shown here:
  2. iRacing would never allow a competition platform to use their sounds. Nice thought though.

In relation to 2013, there are no plans at this stage to have a Mod released in the near future.
  3. I don't think the Iracing sounds are any closer to the real thing? Sounds are so hard to get right (close to real), sadly I haven't heard any platform or game/mod come close to a real V8SC yet.
  4. I can agree with Gav on this one.

We both stood at every corner and straight available at Queensland 2 years ago and I tried to record the live sounds on my phone. There is no comparison to what is in game (current iRacing or any other platform) and what is experienced in real life.

No matter what type of sound system you have, nothing can compare to the live, 2 meters from the track exhilaration of the tranny whine at 250km/h, the shift bang (that sounds like a gun shot) as they go from 3rd to 4th down the back straight, the changing down coming into turn 3.

F1 may have the scream, but the V8s have a sound all their own.....
    • Like Like x 1
  5. iRacing does have a little bit of the throaty sound of the V8 & the gearbox whine, but it's still miles away.

Still waiting for the bang when they change gear!
  6. I think you've just broken my heart :( Was hoping RF2 would be further along by now and that you guys would be cracking on, obviously not though...hard to go back to RF1 for me now what with no Weather/Real Road etc
  7. RBR AUS 2013 VF skin on 2012 ORSM V8FU VEII, by me

• Like Like x 6
  8. Lovely RBR skin done, Kurt. If only it could be released that will be awesome! :)

It would be awesome to see the 2013 skins being done on the current V8FU version. :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nice work Kurt.
  10. Looks good. I'd been thinking of doing some of the 13' cars, but maybe I'll just do some more late season 12' ones first.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Can somebody please do the Bathurst/late-season Shane Van Gisbergen livery? Thanks guys:):thumbsup:
  12. It's next on my to-do list, I'll start it within the next few days ;)
    I'll follow that up with Ingall's Club Plus car.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Awesome mate thankyou, no rush just in your own time :) been waiting to attack the mountain in the more agressive SVG skin haha cheers again :thumbsup:
  14. Holden with Merc Grill, not the correct one and the size wants modifying, but you get the idea.
    do you think it works ?
  15. I reckon The Merc's will look better on Fords and Nissans better on Holden's
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Me to :D
  17. yeah have to agree on that one ;)
  18. nissan logo works well on Holden

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's a real shame, I was really looking forward to the 2013 season mod so I could make a whole fictional car set with the new models. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

I guess I'll have to stick with the 2012 season. Thanks guys for the amazing mods :)