1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Pre-Season Testing (Midweek)

Discussion in 'X360 | F1 Championship' started by Chris Hempsall, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

F1 2013 Pre-Season Testing

Prior to the Xbox F1 2013 Season, we will be having Pre-Season tests in Jerez, Silverstone and Catalunya

These tracks have been chosen as they are the real life test tracks and Young Driver Test track.

Pre-Season testing will consist of an online qualifying session at each circuit. We will then add together the times and from there we will be able to organise league placings, team mates, constructor choices, etc.....

If you do not set a time you will be placed at the bottom of the list. There will be plenty of opportunity as the sessions will span several days.

We also ask that anyone signed up as a reserve also set times so we can see which league suits your pace.

I will be hosting the first qualifying sessions on Wednesday (30/10/13) night at 8pm and another on Thursday (31/10/13) at the same time. Please sign up with name/gamertag and your preference of evenings. Maximum of 15 sign ups per session.

Wednesday 30/10/13 (8pm)

Matthew Booth/boothy116
    Mitch Gosling/Mitch4p4looz4
    Mark Torres/Faux News 79
    Alex Hellwig/Black Violin
    Rob Carver/Carver3689
    James Bannister/oO Banno oO

Thursday 31/10/13 (8pm)

Nick Dawes/Dawesy I
    Chris Hempsall/theHemps
    Kyle J / vVv KyleJ
    Graham Jarvis/JARV027
    Dan Hawkins/SaDaFie
    Philip Moran/CraftyGun
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/ Im happy either day :) Also you make me sad with them choices :( i hate all 3 tracks :cautious:
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Carlos Jimenez / nachirri / weekend

Just 2 things here:
    1.- I don´t have Jerez, due to is not yet available for me so far :cautious:
    2.- No week test for me, I need some on the weekend due to timezone.

I´ll be at the bottom anyway... lol
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

Jerez comes with the game. You don't need classic edition.

Karl will do a weekend test with the American Time Zone guys and anyone else that hasn't set times in the original 2 sessions.
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / either one will do me... Can I skip Jerez? :laugh:
  6. Mark Torres / Faux News 79 / Wednesday

Just a heads up, my times will likely be much lower than they would be a week from these dates because the game will only have just been released the day before. I don't know if this matters, though.

Do I need to test with Karl as I'm in North America even though I can make the Wednesday time?
  7. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

nope, if you can make this one that's great.
  8. Nick Dawes / Dawesy I / Thursday for me
  9. Alex Hell / Blackviolin / Wednesday 30th
  10. Phil Moran /crafty gun/ 30th
  11. Rob Carver / Carver3689 / Wednesday
  12. Dan Hawkins / SaDaFiE / Wednesday
  13. What cars will we be driving Chris? Or are they selected randomly for the 3 tests?
  14. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

All random, so you'll likely end up with a different car each session.
  15. James Bannister/oO Banno Oo/ 30th
  16. If you have a bad session for whatever reason are you able to re-run in another one if its available or are the times from your first attempts what you are stuck with?

Not that I would, I dislike quali sessions anyway so once is enough for me lol
    • Like Like x 2
  17. I'd like to wait until Karl makes the NA session available as it better suits my schedule. Sign me up for that whenever you make it available Karl. Doesn't matter what day, I just don't want to have to be a reserve :(
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Yea, I'm bad enough without having only a handful of days to prepare a new game. But hopefully, the permanent/reserve placings are based on sign up order and not testing speeds. Karl, I know you guys want to get this thing started, but make it as late a weekend night as possible, if possible. I know Carlos is a few hours back, but I can do late on the weekends.

Jerez? Now I get the philosophy behind the selection, but a HUGE consideration for any real driver is the "memorization" of the track. Having a few days and a new track will result in very slow times. However, like someone said, it probably does not matter in my case.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Don't worry Robert, I've had the game longer then anyone and had just one short attempt there where I sucked big time and probably won't get a chance to practice there so you won't be alone. It seemed like a tough track too learn too!!
    • Love Love x 1
  20. I can't wrap my brain around Jerez and I don't know why :( something about it just doesn't stick
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.