1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Mclaren MP4-28

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Hampus Andersson, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Wher did you get the news about the stepped nose?
  2. F1 Technical. Basically we have seen it coming this year as well when they raised the nose.

And the fact that the 2014 rules which stated that the nose will be below the center-point of the wheel has now been thrown into the bin.
  3. Oh and not to mention the numerous visibility tests they did during the year
  4. What about the panels to cover up the step which the teams are allowed to use from next year on? I'm pretty sure they didn't get scrapped. Chances are that the teams are going to use them, if only to reduce drag...
  5. It seems those will stay for a year unless FIA has failed to clarify.

As far as i know these cover-ups are not legal this year.
  6. Mclaren will release their car on 31st of January.
  7. nope, I've seen it
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Rubbing my hands with glee! Jan 31st ain't far away!!
  9. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Looks definitely like a much higher nose than last year
  11. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

I honestly can't imagine it being so high as the picture makes it seem. Perhaps it's just a case of seeing it from a wrong angle? Or maybe I'm just used to seeing the '12 noses and this one seems much higher so sudden.
  12. yeah it must just be perspective, if you look at that picture the front wheels seem waaay higher than the rear wheels too, clearly that's not gonna actually be the case :roflmao:
  13. Do you think that this is the actual car? I don't think we're going to see the real one until testing. Top Secret stuff.
  14. I don't know if THAT is the actual car
    I guess things like nose position, sidepods, engine cover, suspension geometry will be revealed at the presentation.
    Front and rear wings, diffusor and exhausts are porbably just dummies for presentation purpose.
  15. The car is definately standing on something. Found this picture which gives a better guess on what the car will actually look like. The nose seems to be similar to last year..
    • Like Like x 3
  16. I´m not so sure it´s standing on something, maybe the front do but if you look at the right tire (car´s perspective) then it looks like something is on the left tire.

I think what´s interesting is that if that´s the new car then we might see RBR exhaust.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. !