2013 Infiniti Red Bull RB9 Renault

I think they have just found the sweet spot in set-up and everything. The engines torque and gearing is enough for these acceleration speeds, you just can't floor it as early as they do in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear on many cars. The wheel not spin up is good old (electronic / hydraulic?) differential locking, which especially on F1 traction level and weight bias should be quite effective in 'managing' torque in the end. Also the faster the car can drive, the more severe small driver mistakes can be. Maybe Webber has a less "balanced" car then Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari and the others, but for Vettel that car is fine and the balance is juust enough for him not to suffer in lap times. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe the non-illegal stuff is true, maybe Vettel is an alien, maybe they somehow implemented GT5 physics into real life who knows :)

Sounds like another clutching at straws argument.

The first time the rumors surfaced in anger, was after Hamilton claimed Vettel got onto the power 20 metres earlier. This suggests traction control.

Now this article is talking about torque control mid-corner.

Next they'll label Red Bull cheats because Vettel pulls away without wriggling the rear.

Silly.

:rolleyes:

What I found interesting in that second video (in the link) was how fast the RBR decelerated compared to the Mercedes. Not only did it slow down faster but the peak speed was also lower. Then once it accelerated the numbers went back up much faster.
Newey is a genius and Vettel knows how to drive the car.
Everybody thinks that next season will be an equalizer. I beg to differ.
I think even if the car is not at the front by the start of the season, it will be in less than four races.
Mercedes, Ferrari and all the other teams on the grid had better start being proactive instead of reactive...or RBR will absolutely hand them their collective asses again.

I always feel the Redbulls - (since 2010) have had stiff rear and soft front end, easier on the tyres for turn in ect. They also use 3rd spring in testing or practice but not for race, its gives them better set up idea's ect (I'm sure i can find the link if someone needs it)
Other than that, The tea tray is superb, The front wing elements are the best the rear is superb. I do feel its the tea tray area doing the job though, Merc are onto whatever they do, whether its cheating or genuis i reckon merc have found a glimpse of it. But not fine tuned it. Thats why the positves for next year in merc camp come from imho.
Rb9 is the best in every area even speed now, I was thinking after spa the team had some sort of DDRS they seemed that quick. And i don't feel much love for vettel, BUT he has been remarkable in those cars which shows given the machinery he is quick and thats what/ you need to be in F1 or any series.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back