Resource icon

Misc 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring Track Update 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you,nice job.:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting! Like I stated all-thread, I wouldn't have been able to do it without Barnes giving me his kind go-ahead. The only real hard work I did all by myself was the LG podium yesterday, but again, I would not have been able to make it without Peppi 's answer to my call for help! :thumbsup:

Now I know how to mod, also thanks to this amazing RD board's community. Learning all this from scratch isn't easy, but it's fun to do! :D

Barnes will be back with his next genuine update(s): starting with the always awesome Spa! :cool:

You rock man ! brilliant job :), would you do spa too?

Barnes will do it. I promised I will not make any other available here (unless he would ask me to, like for example, he would kind of decide to move on after purchasing the next game sometime around launch day, October 8, or for any other reason). Although I've done my own personal 'fictional' ones up to Monza by now (without podiums), there is no way to know how these tracks will look like in RL b4 FP1 & FP2, u know. Besides, I always hold my promises, and I gave my word I will download, 'Like' (it's a given, I did so for all his previous ones so far), and use his next ones until the end of the Brazilian GP (again, unless he would ask me otherwise). I don't plan to buy CM's 2013 version b4 it's available at 66%-off the retail price (unless they manage to be spot on on so many things... like mirrors, AI, et al, they've never been so far).

Also, if you know how to use Ryder's PSSG Editor, graphics editors like GIMP2 & Paint.NET (all available for free...), you also can make your own 'fantasy' ones, if you will, but we don't have permission to post them here since many of the DDSs in there don't belong to us (strict RD rules).

Thank you. :unsure:

French Canadien here also, but since RD boards rules state we must post in English, l write in (poor) English only. I too was a big fan of GV circa 1979-82, and I follow F1 seasons since, although not always close, but more so since his son JV won the championship in 1997 with Williams.

As for the nickname, I didn't really intend to choose it, but when I found this board after purchasing the F1 2010 PC disk (looking for much-needed mods), I had just seen CM included this detail:
1_6733.jpg

Gilles's mother, Madame Georgette Coupal-Villeneuve, and brother Jacques at the official ceremony.
salut-gilles-may-27.jpg

In their game(s). I don't know why exactly I picked it, because I had no other idea for nickname at that moment, so I thought to myself "our legendary driver's first name on the starting/finishing line of a circuit in his name, and now also in a game is so cool, why not?" :laugh: ;)

Also, I live at about 5 kilometers from there (Montreal). Although not 100% fluent in English, I try to correct my mistakes as much as I can.

To answer your question, I just started a 100% Quick Race in my F1 2012's modded-to-2013 game here, then a few seconds after the start, I hit the Replay key, then let the replay sequence go until I freezed it (F1), hit Alt+Enter to run the game in window-mode, hid the on-screen buttons (F6), used the Backward button (F2) in combination with the View Back, View Left (or Right, I don't recall exactly) on my customized keyboard keys (I can't recall CM's default setup, sorry), and then I hit PrntScr, minimized the game window (to give my GPU a break lol), then just used Paint to paste the clipboard image, selected the scene I wanted (this one), saved it and uploaded it to my photobucket.com account private library, from which I copied the immediate link.

Perhaps my (poor) attempt at explaining how to do this isn't good (I can't tell, but these things are easier to explain in person, no doubt about it, lol), so I apologize if it's not clear enough.

Experiment! :alien: ;)
imagesqtbnANd9GcR-DQM29rdsbgy5FnMjy.jpg

Dear Salut Gilles, well my passion for F1 started also about the same time as you, perhaps a few years before from reading my preferred BD (comic books) of Michel Vaillant. I learned so much about F1 through these albums as they are so detailed in descriptions plus the fantastics and very detailed drawings of the F1 cars from that era. Then Gilles arrived and the passion grew even more. Same as you my passion was resuscitated when the son entered F1 after winning the Indy 500 and went on to grab the F1 World Championship in his second year. After that, unfortunately everything went downhill. My last visit to the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was in 1999, the first year Jacques drove for BAR. I had the opportunity to be invited by some friends and the BAR team to attend the Friday practice in the Paddock Club in the BAR hospitality quite. What a fantastic experience, wearing the headphones and being able to hear both Ricardo Zonta and Jacques exchanging information with their race engineer while driving on track, such as when I heard Jacques telling Jocke Clear (his race engineer, now still at Mercedes) "I don't know what's happening, but something is burning my a.."! that was so funny, something that you normally don't hear during the pit to car audio transmission during a race broadcast on TV.

Anyhow, I'm a huge fan of F1, I've sponsored some event here in Thailand with the organisers of the Singapore and Abu Dhabi Grand-Prix and attended the Abu Dhabi Grand=Prix in 2010. When this race enter the F1 schedule I was mad as a dog, cause it is the race that made the Canadian GP to disapear for what was to be only a 1 year gap. But, when I went there, I realised why, Montreal can't compete with what they have built there. It is simply what I refer as the Disneyworl of F1, with the adjoining Ferrari World Theme park. Awsome. I was able to try on a real Ferrari F1 simulator there, nothing to do with video game. That thing reproduces the real G-Forces, acceleration and deceleration of a F1 car, simply breathless!

But, this you cannot do everyday, so at least we have this great game from Codemasters and before from EA Sports (i've owned all versions from both developpers) to maintain the passion. I might be growing older, but I kept my interest and my passion at same level as when I was a kid.

And in honor of my all time hero, I wear a badge in his memory on my requested custom helmet designed for me by Gerald Chinoy, which I modified slightly for my own personal use.

F1 2012 JMD .jpg

Thanks for all the nice track updates you provide it helps bringing the game more up-to-date.

Regards,
F1Canuck

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back