2013 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Choularton submitted a new blog post:

2013 Formula One United States Grand Prix

For the penultimate race of the 2013 season, Formula One makes it way to Texas and Austin’s Circuit of the Americas, the second time the sport has visited the 5.513km track.

Immediately popular with most F1 drivers on its inauguration last year, the counter-clockwise circuit is an intriguing blend of corner types, with sections modelled on famous stretches of some of the world’s most celebrated grand prix tracks.

The first sector in particular was singled out for praise by many drivers...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

makes me sad to see what Sim Alonso has to put up with ;-)

i gladly would donate my copy of assetto corsa,,so he can have some real practice going ,,roflmao

I hope you have fun. It will be the first and last time you will get to hear the awesome sounds of the V8 engines. In 2014 F1 will be using wood chipper engines in the cars. :thumbsdown:
I just had to hear the V8's in person before they were replaced by vacuum cleaner V6's. If only they still used V10's, I think we all would be in heaven. :p

Just watched on U Tube a episode of Equinox where they visited Keith Duckworths factory as he tried to build a Turbo in the 80's. Originally a straight 6 but poor reliability moved them to a V. The Engine Block mold's where made from Wood and chiseled to the exact shape for the Aluminum to form. Those where the good old days.

And poor Valsecchi disappointed. That close up of his face during Q2 said it all.

Plus he will most likely mess up his start anyway so no need to be in the way of everybody on pole position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%