2013 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vergne has some wicked delamination, but I think Pirelli can get away with it, Hulk did after all smack into the rear/side of him in the pits.

To be clear: I don't like the tire situation either. I really don't understand why they (FIA, teams and Pirelli) have to make so drastic changes from year to year. Imo the tires from last year were fine most of the times. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous trying everytime to get more action, more overtakes, more..., more, ...MOAR!!
But tires won't most certainly change much during the year so we have to deal with it and probably teams will get the overhand on the tires some time in the year. The overall situation wasn't much diffrent last year.

But one thing concerns me pretty much: We had the 4th delamination of the tread on 4 diffrent cars, on 2 diffrent tracks on diffrent compounds (3 times medium, 1 time hard if I'm correct).

"If he had done another lap, he would have had a big problem," said Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery. He also adds that Pirelli are likely to make some changes to their tyres because four stops are "probably a bit too much".
Indeed Mr Hembery, indeed.

To be clear: I don't like the tire situation either. I really don't understand why they (FIA, teams und Pirelli) have to make so drastic changes from year to year. Imo the tires from last year were fine most of the times. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous trying everytime to get more action, more overtakes, more..., more, ...MOAR!!
But tires won't most certainly change much during the year so we have to deal with it and probably teams will get the overhand on the tires some time in the year. The overall situation wasn't much diffrent last year.

But one thing concerns me pretty much: We had the 4th delamination of the tread on 4 diffrent cars, on 2 diffrent tracks on diffrent compounds (3 times medium, 1 time hard if I'm correct).
So far the tyres are even less durable than at the same time last season, so I expect teams to not get the handle on these tyres until much later than before.

And yea the delaminations of the tread walls is the biggest concern at the moment.

To be clear: I don't like the tire situation either. I really don't understand why they (FIA, teams und Pirelli) have to make so drastic changes from year to year. Imo the tires from last year were fine most of the times. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous trying everytime to get more action, more overtakes, more..., more, ...MOAR!!

Simply Put More MORE only leads to Destruction which is what happening at present

So far the tyres are even less durable than at the same time last season, so I expect teams to not get the handle on these tyres until much later than before.
I'm not talking about the wear. But I think we had similar discussions about Pirelli last year and it somhow sorted out during the season.

Simply Put More MORE only leads to Destruction which is what happening at present
Exactly what I'm thinking.

Well obviously more pitstops the more entertaining it was. Thus 82 pitstops ranks this as the best race of all time.

I make my self laugh.... :laugh:

If FIA and FOM wants to see more than 1 pit stop then Add a Rule like Mandatory Pit stops and give Drivers more durable tires so that they can race them selves.
Also First i blamed FIA for the Tire situation but I will blame Pirelli now for their Tire Construction. Tires are Delaminating at their will. I don't think JEV puncture was due to his collision with Nico at pit stops.

I'm wondering how safe would it be for someone's tyre to delaminate right in front of you. :unsure:

I can't say I had a lot of fun watching this race. The first few laps were somewhat cool, but the rest was just boring. At least in GP2, they spend half the race saving tyres, and the other half going max attack.

In Formula One it's like: "Ok guys, lap 5, lets bring the car home."

Im not entirely sure what was wrong with the Bridgestones of '10, or hell the tyres that we ended up with last year. Those were around that 2-3 stop, im not sure how much more strategy you can put into the tyres without having all these stops that we had today.

There was nothing wrong with the bridgestones but the company decided to pull the plug on the F1 project due to the lack of exposure.

If this negativity towards the 2013 tyres will continue Pirelli will do the same. Each tyre company is capable of delivering a rock solid Formula 1 tyre but now people will actually start to think that a AAA brand like Pirelli delivers crap quality which isn't true.

They are just delivering whats asked from them

I know exactly why Bridgestone left, and before that what happend with Michelin.

And I understand as everyone else should that Pirelli are simply filling a quota, to do whats asked of them from the FIA.

I think we're just going too much in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back