1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2013 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by RaceDepartment, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Nice to see F1 back again! Spain is not my favourite circuit but I'm still looking forward to the race hugely. There should also be a lot of upgrades from the teams so it will be interesting to see if the running order will change.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Go Maldonado :p

4. Finally!

Can´t wait for this shiznit to start!

5. Bram

Bram

Felt like another winter break indeed.

Is the BBC broadcasting the Spanish GP this weekend?

6. Yes they are :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. They should do kart races on free weekends or something.

I'd pay to view them. Bernie, you are losing money there, make it happen.

And now seriously, I hope the race is good. It will be interesting to see who gets the most from the new hard tyres.

8. Press conference.

Thursday, May 09, 1500 hours local time (1300 GMT)
    Fernando Alonso (Ferrari), Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber), Sergio Perez (McLaren), Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso), Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull).

9. Weather for the event,

10:00 -15:30 - FP1 and 2 - 16-18 degrees with light rain possibly in FP1.

11:00 -15:00 - FP3 and Quali - 16-18 degrees, sunny weather.

14:00 -16:00 - 17-16 degrees, sunny weather.

10. A Little Statistic of Vettel, Alonso, Hamitlon
    In all the 19 tracks of This season Vettel and Alonso was on Podium at Certain Points on their Career. Vettel was on Top Step in 15 tracks with Montreal , Nurburgring, Hungary and Austin yet to win and Alonso was on Top step in 14 Tracks with Spa, India, Abu Dhabi , Austin and Brazil are there to win for 1st time
    Lewis was on Podium on 18 tracks as he needs to be on Podium place in India. In Top step he has 13 With Bahrain, Suzuka, Korea, India, Brazil yet to win

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Finally they have a working warning system in the cockpit for yellow and red flags, Seems strange this has not been in place before.. Wev'e had it in the sim games for ages..:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  12. hmm another tyre failure similar to Hamilton in Bahrain and Massa's first tyre failure in Bahrain and also we have seen it in the past at Malaysia

13. I think the Construction of the Tires is causing the Delamination's . We saw last year and Before last year drivers went accidentally Over Debris but they got Less grip and we saw rarely a Puncture but not Surprising Punctures like this season.

14. Bram

Bram

Great thing with tires since a few years is that all teams have the same :)

15. Do they though, David Croft and Ant Davidson were saying that Hamilton's and Di Resta's could be random tires that haven't been manufactured correctly.

16. Tires are way too fragile. Hoping to see proper tires for 2014 or bring in a new manufacturer.

17. I don't think it is the manufactures problem, it is FIA and their missions to Pirelli... :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. The teams asked for tires that resembled the mayhem in Canada 2010.
    But i´m pretty sure they never wanted tires to literally fall off into pieces.

19. Bram

Bram

Pirelli can easily make a tire that lasts the entire race. But then the teams will complain again, like they always do.

20. I've had pasta that was tougher than these tyres.

Hell, I've had ice cream tougher than these tyres. At least it melted slower.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.