2013 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
And even that implies like, Alonso is not good enough so they sign Kimi.

I think you need to advise your doctor to reduce your medication or something?

Alonso not good enough? For what?

A former two time world champion is not good enough to drive for Ferrari?

Give the guy some credit....he has outperformed the car in all honesty.

why is it SV fanatics so blind to the truth.
Its easy to win if you have the faster car with the lower gear ratio that produces better exceleration than everyone else and with more rear downforce that sticks the car to the track like its on rails.
All you have to do is compare how Alonso had to drive compensating for his understeer having to turn in sooner and hustle the car around the corners keeping his rear in check compensating for oversteer.
Its nothing to do with how many you win but how you win and in what machine you win in.
SV will never be seen as one of the best never ever no matter how many times he wins, This will only happen if he can win a championship in a slower car something button hasn't managed to do yet.
It was easy for button to win his championship but he will never be rated because of the exact same reason.
Allso you cannot compare mansel 80s ,90s car with todays car they were a different animal.
If it was easy as shorten the gear ratios and increase rear down force....why aren't you working for a Formula 1 team...? Oh that's right....because it's not that easy. Michael Shumacher didn't win all those titles in a slow car...so why is he seen as a legend? Alonso won his titles in Ferrari and Renault...at the time the fastest car....so why is he seen as a legend? Vettel won 3 titles in the fastest car...why is he NOT a legend? Your arguments are severely flawed with zero hard evidence supporting your "facts".

I think you need to advise your doctor to reduce your medication or something?

Alonso not good enough? For what?

A former two time world champion is not good enough to drive for Ferrari?

I am not the one who signed Kimi, i think you should ask Montezemolo about his doctor and his medications i am totally fine thank you, i dont see a single reason why they would put their team at risk of disputes within its drivers and changing all of their philosophy just like that, they already have Alonso the man for the job right ? :) Or it seems he only is not enough to them now... when radical changes happen, they are not random, they are planned with clear ideas and reasons ... and i can bet losing 6 years in a row not being able to do anything, even being so close on 2 occasions is one of them ;)

I'd give credit as much as anti vettel fans give credit to vettel. Maybe on occasions and on occasions did not, but dont say he outperformed his car just cause Massa couldn't drive normally, dont look up on Massa, Massa was broken glass since 2009 ... in that term beating him was no big deal. But beating Webber is something, a teammate who never moved aside like Massa was used very often :)

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks the 2009 Incident didn't affect Massa? At the opening round of 2010, he was absolutely fine. He was with Alonso for the whole race and got a brilliant 1-2 (2-3 if it wasn't for Vettel's issue). This season he has been faster than Alonso in qualy and if it wasn't for Alonso having the primary choice for when to pit and such, Massa would of got better results (such as at Australia)

Am I the only person who thinks the 2009 Incident didn't affect Massa? At the opening round of 2010, he was absolutely fine. He was with Alonso for the whole race and got a brilliant 1-2 (2-3 if it wasn't for Vettel's issue). This season he has been faster than Alonso in qualy and if it wasn't for Alonso having the primary choice for when to pit and such, Massa would of got better results (such as at Australia)

Mate there is no possible way to be same person same driver ... to not feel anything of G-forces given the fact he has metal plate in his head :(

i am so sorry for massa , for me he is the most unlucky driver in whole history,
first being champion barely 20seconds then losing the title for a point, and if his engine didnt blow up in Hungary on last lap that year he would have been champion. But there is no places for IF in F1.
In 2009 the accident :/ and he was never the same...because before the accident he was much more consistent if anything

About the races this year and pitting i totally agree and thats why i dont have that high opinion of Alonso, like he was outperforming or i dont know what.

I lost you guys.:( Are we talking about Vettel's rating, Alonso's need for good car or Ferrari?:unsure:
As Red Bull anti-fan(and Ferrari fan) I would love to find something illegal on that plane. But to stay on the ground and to calm myself I think like this: Schumacher was 4 years in Ferrari, developing car, I guess with same team around him for all those years and when they did it, they took 5 titles.:D With his driving through whole career he deserved LEGEND status in line with Senna, Fangio and others.
Alonso was in Renault(test and regular driver) for 3 years, worked hard on car and then they made it for 2 titles.:thumbsup: For me he can get LEGEND status, but line 2(bit more aggression and he would won 2010), not with Schumi, Senna...
My source for this was wiki, sorry for any mistake.
Seeing Vettel only from 2009 in RB.:confused: BUT(not Button:rolleyes:) although he got already almost finished car(done by Coulthard and Webber), he drove that new car same as he developed it.:thumbsup: He is on the way to become LEGEND, only question is will he stay in line 2 with Alonso or get into line 1(I guess this).
Lewis was instant quick in his first season and for me that is as hard as driving slow car in your 8th season in F1. Just for those saying he only drove McLaren.:thumbsdown:

Dusko, you wrote on page 4: "i dont believe in this, cause no driver is equal". I know you are Vettel fan so do you say they couldn't match him or maybe some of them could be better?
I agree with you on Massa question.

"Seeing Vettel only from 2009 in RB.:confused: BUT(not Button:rolleyes:) although he got already almost finished car(done by Coulthard and Webber)" Considering that there was a rule change between 2008 and 2009 and the cars changed dramatically for the 2009 season, and also considering that teams only carry SOME designs over from the previous year when developing the new car, this statement is completely inaccurate.

How can you say Vettel is far from Alonso, considering he has won the same number of races in a much shorter period and has won 3 consecutive world titles. If anything, as good of driver Alonso is, he is far from Vettel
You talk about tittles, I talk about skills. And that, my friend is not related.

Exactly.

Last edited:
why is it SV fanatics so blind to the truth.
Its easy to win if you have the faster car that sticks the car to the track like its on rails.
All you have to do is compare how Alonso had to drive compensating for his understeer having to turn in sooner and hustle the car around the corners keeping his rear in check compensating for oversteer.

Wow dude I hate to pick on you, but you make yourself an easy target. Yes the Red Bull is the best car right now, but every one of these Formula cars under and oversteers. If you actually had real world experience you would know this. It is so easy to over drive a car/kart if you are not smooth with the control inputs. Maybe Vettel is just smoother than Alonso is. That is not saying Alonso, is a bad driver. Of course he isn't. But unless you are comparing the telemetry data between the two (and I am pretty sure you aren't because this isn't the sort of thing the F1 world shares with each other let alone to the fans), you don't know what sort of control inputs Vettel is making to make it appear the Red Bull is cornering on rails, Once again the Red Bull is the best car, no argument here. But you are sorely mistaken if you think it is an easy car to drive.

How can you say Vettel is far from Alonso, considering he has won the same number of races in a much shorter period and has won 3 consecutive world titles. If anything, as good of driver Alonso is, he is far from Vettel
You talk about tittles, I talk about skills. And that, my friend is not related.

Exactly.
And what says that your definition of skill is the correct one? As per the oxford english dictionary...
noun
[mass noun]
the ability to do something well; expertise:
difficult work, taking great skill

By this definition, all F1 drivers are skilled. By this definition, Vettel is more skilled than Alonso has he has won more titles, and the same number of races in less time.

There is no doubting the fact the Vettal is at the top of his game and the cars is the best out there.
man and machine in perfect harmony.
The other teams have to work harder to catch the Redbull plain and simple:)

And what says that your definition of skill is the correct one? As per the oxford english dictionary...
noun
[mass noun]

By this definition, all F1 drivers are skilled. By this definition, Vettel is more skilled than Alonso has he has won more titles, and the same number of races in less time.
Skllls in F1 arre related to make an average car look as a good one, and it has nothing to do with your definition if the word. Alonso has always being overperforming his cars, Vettel has been always driving a good car.

Alonso is an extraordinary driver driving a good car, while Vettel is a good driver driving an extraordinary car.

Alonso is an extraordinary driver driving a good car, while Vettel is a good driver driving an extraordinary car.

Until you can show us the telemetry data to back up this statement I am going to call you out on this BS. Personally I view both Alonso and Vettel as extraordinary drivers. There is no accident why these two have been at the top of the standings these last few years.

noun
[mass noun]

Skllls in F1 arre related to make an average car look as a good one, and it has nothing to do with your definition if the word. Alonso has always being overperforming his cars, Vettel has been always driving a good car.

That is the Oxford English Dictionary definition. So you are free to head over to the chaps in Oxford University and bring it up with them that you're right and they're wrong, but I think you're fighting a losing battle. As My993C2 has said...you have ZERO evidence to support that the RB and the Ferrari are on different performance levels. If anything...we can say that the Ferrari has far greater traction and acceleration just by comparing Alonso and Vettel's race starts alone.

Zero evidence??? LOL mate you made my day really funny.
Then please provide solid evidence that you aren't just pulling from nowhere. Either through video, images or another website that has known sources. Because you stating fact doesn't count as evidence. I could say the RB is faster than Ferrari because the moon is made of cheese and then argue I'm right like you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%