2013 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy that Seb got to his limit, 1st time in few months he had to push and lock-up few times(maybe I'm wrong, sorry).:cool: Great race and tactics from him and RB.:thumbsup:
Answer to Dmitry's post: looks like Seb saw that and helped Lewis in turn 1.:rolleyes:
Webber: you can't go for more stops if you are not in clear air for 99% of race. Hope he can win at least once until the end.:thumbsup:
Grosjean and Lotus, great start, but 2nd stint should got longer for 2-3 laps(they would lose 4-6sec but would be with Seb at the end).:(
Sauber's were great again.:thumbsup: And Fernando finally overtook Hulkenberg.:roflmao:

Fun to see how Red Bull screwed Mark´s race.. once again. Poor guy.

Massa, what to say, he only seems able to hold his team mate behind, after letting him go he is like an open door.
Red Bull didn't screw Mark's race. Mark screwed Mark's race. He was taking too much out of the tires and had no option but to do a 3 stop, otherwise he would've kept going backwards. The difference in time between a 2 stop race and a 3 stop race at suzuka is less than 10 seconds.

Apart from the start a very good drive of Vettel. Nice to see also a positive audience again at the podium ceremoney. Well deserved win again.

But wow Grosjean, what a transformation this guy had in the last 12 months. Will he stay for next year at Lotus?

Can I add Hulkenberg as his future teammate then? He can't be ignored any longer as one of the biggest talents in the sport.

I find it funny how we can talk about how RBR ruined Webber's race or (he ruined his own race but still a great 2nd place) and how well the Lotuses did (good race for the team with both cars finishing 3rd and 5th) and yet no one mentions how well Sauber did :cool: Great job Hulkenberg and Gutierrez on 6th and 7th. They finally have gotten the form of last year, hopefully they can make a late season charge :D
For the 1st time in 3-4 races I actually watched the whole thing, lots of clean, fun battles throughout the field. Too bad that Hamilton retired on the 1st lap due to a puncture from contact with Vettel's front wing. Overall a great race :laugh:

A shame that Webber couldn't make a 2 stopper work, with a 3 stopper he lost any chance to win (then again, I guess he was harder on the tyres than Vettel). Vettel pushed hard and deserved that win.

Another great race by Hülkenberg, Gutierrez gets some points (at last! :)), and Grosjean seems to be gaining some confidence, but perhaps the team was too ambitious, trying to fight both Webber and Vettel.

Few highlights: Chaotic start with Hamilton's race ending before the first corner, Räikkönen passing Hülkenberg into the chicane (on the outside! :cool:), Maldonado being Maldonado (kamikaze pass on Bottas in the last lap) and Grosjean's start (from 4th to 1st, I couldn't see the cars properly and I thought Vettel was leading into T1 :sleep:). Oh, and the Ricciardo train, with like 7 cars behind, that was fun to watch.

Not a bad race, Vettel had to work hard for this one, he didn't look as comfortable in the car as he was in the previous races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%