2013 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a bit too slow into Parabolica (I guess he misjudged the distance to Hamilton because he was still pretty far back when Sutil breaked for the corner), but everything after that wasn't his fault. He was on a hot lap, he had a right to keep his place into T1 even if it ruins Hamilton's lap. So 3 places seems fair to me.

He was a bit too slow into Parabolica (I guess he misjudged the distance to Hamilton because he was still pretty far back when Sutil breaked for the corner), but everything after that wasn't his fault. He was on a hot lap, he had a right to keep his place into T1 even if it ruins Hamilton's lap. So 3 places seems fair to me.

It's only 3 places because the FIA's rules state that that sort of incident would merit a 3-Grid Penalty, it's not because 3 Places is their decision, other the Penalty would be higher.

Then why did you make that post in the first place? :rolleyes:
Also: The rules allow the FIA to do whatever they want.

I said in my opinion, that it should be a 10 Place Penalty (exaggerating slightly, that would be 24th, not enough cars!). And i'm not the only one with that opinion ;).

And the FIA claimed that it was unintentional, though we think otherwise ;)

When you're starting a hot lap at Monza would you not take Parabolica flat out for the best exit speed?

To me it didn't make sense Sutil slowing down at that point on the track unless he was going to pull into the pits.

I never watched all of quali so I didn't notice what other drivers were doing at that point so I might just be talking crap :whistling:

Last edited:
When you're starting a hot lap at Monza would you not take Parabolica flat out for the best exit speed?

To me it didn't make sense him slowing down at that point on the track unless he was going to pull into the pits.

I never watched all of quali so I didn't notice what other drivers were doing at that point so I might just be talking crap :whistling:

If you're talking about Sutil, you're right. He intentionally blocked Hamilton, in my opinion ;)

i am trying not to take either side in this one. i tried to take the view that sutil was just lining up a hotlap, but like calum says, he wouldn't slow down at that point in parabolica. also, sutil was not doing a hotlap judging by the way he entered and exited turn 1. he's a bit of a nutcase if you ask me. leopards rarely change their spots

And the FIA claimed that it was unintentional, though we think otherwise ;)
Ah, we're getting somewhere. You could have just pointed out that's your reasoning.

However, in response to that (as well as Andrew): We've discussed this multiple times. It's not possible to punish a driver based on a guess of what might have been his reason for doing something. Maldonado's move on Perez in Practice last year, his spat with Hamilton at Spa, etc. etc. Everytime a driver who could potentially have an ulterior motive for causing an incident with someone, people are crying for blood. However, the fact that you can't dole out punishment based on a hunch doesn't change.

Ah, we're getting somewhere. You could have just pointed out that's your reasoning.

However, in response to that (as well as Andrew): We've discussed this multiple times. It's not possible to punish a driver based on a guess of what might have been his reason for doing something. Maldonado's move on Perez in Practice last year, his spat with Hamilton at Spa, etc. etc. Everytime a driver who could potentially have an ulterior motive for causing an incident with someone, people are crying for blood. However, the fact that you can't dole out punishment based on a hunch doesn't change.

But it was intentional, plus you're a German ;)

To me it didn't make sense Sutil slowing down at that point on the track unless he was going to pull into the pits.

I does make sense: You compromise your entry speed in order to get earlier on the power and maximize your exit. It is not the fastest way around the corner and therefore not done in the race, but it is usefull if you are about to start a hotlap.

But it was intentional, plus you're a German ;)
Prove it.
To be fair in my opinion Maldonado shoould have been penalised both times and did far worse (using the car as a weapon instead of just impeding) but sadly the stewards couldn't find any evidence for that.
You can't possibly say Sutil did it on purpose because they both have a history outside of F1. Why would Sutil intentionally damage his onw qualifing? Is know every incident intentionally because not all drivers like each other?

It obviously does :p

Hulkenberg keeps showing his talent, and a third is good exposure for Sauber after a pretty bad season. Tomorrow's race will probably be an "easy" win for Vettel, but there should be plenty of action behind there (or so I hope).

I does make sense: You compromise your entry speed in order to get earlier on the power and maximize your exit. It is not the fastest way around the corner and therefore not done in the race, but it is usefull if you are about to start a hotlap.

Prove it.
To be fair in my opinion Maldonado shoould have been penalised both times and did far worse (using the car as a weapon instead of just impeding) but sadly the stewards couldn't find any evidence for that.
You can't possibly say Sutil did it on purpose because they both have a history outside of F1. Why would Sutil intentionally damage his onw qualifing? Is know every incident intentionally because not all drivers like each other?

Maldonado should have been penalised, yes perhaps, but we're talking about a different incident here. We might need to see a Sutil interview about it too see how he interpreted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%