2013 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQRJaYICYAAQITx.jpg:large

In Qualify i believe Mercedes is getting close, in race pace the Red Bull is not the best, isnt the more balanced for a race?? ... Well we enter the realm of opinions then...

Getting close? They are there. There has only been three pole sitters all season. Vettel, Rosberg and Hamilton. The Hungaroring is a difficult track to pass on. Vettel tried, but Kimi had what he needed to stay ahead late in the race. That does not mean Vettel is a bad driver. Earlier in the race when Grosjean was behind Vettel trying to pass the Red Bull he could not find a way and Grosjean is just as fast as Kimi, it's just that Kimi has better racecraft than the Frenchman. It's easy to over drive the car when you are in the dirty air behind another car and trying hard to pass. If Vettel had crashed trying to pass Kimi, then maybe your argument would hold more weight. But he didn't crash. All that happened was than he tried to pass, he couldn't pass and he surrendered 3 points to the Finn while picking up 5 more points on his other close championship rival Alonso.

On average, Red Bull is probably the best car. But that does not mean they are the best car on a given track on a given day. Every track is different and gives different results for all the cars on the grid. Every day on the same track gives different results as different weather conditions on the same track on the same day (say for instance sunny skies versus overcast clouds) gives different results. Today belonged to Hamilton in his Mercedes and there is no doubt that Renault (err I mean Lotus) also have a highly competitive car. Ferrari isn't as good lately as they were this time last year, but they too also have a very competitive car.

I think it would have made more sense to put the second DRS zone between turns 3 and 4, instead of the zone between turns 1 and 2. Turn 4 would've provided more exciting overtaking opportunities, and it would have better separated the 2 DRS zones on the track.

All in all, an exciting race for Hungaroring.

It's easy to over drive the car when you are in the dirty air behind another car and trying hard to pass. If Vettel had crashed trying to pass Kimi, then maybe your argument would hold more weight. But he didn't crash.
Is there any game that has replicated this dirty air effect? I notice that slipstreaming effect has been simulated for some time but not dirty air effect on corners

Raikkonen is better than Vettel!

Here is where we can see the drivers, and the driving skills, when we have the best car race alone in a good pace, is easy and it's what's Vettel has been making over the years. Now with fresh tyres can't manage it to overtake, and drives like crazy lool doing mistakes all over the laps!? Lool!? :roflmao:

Best driver?? 3 titles?? Next Schumi?? Next Gen?? ---> Say thank you to Red-Bull!

Alonso, Kimi, Lewis, even Nico, did his job pushing the car, doing better than it can, with Vettel-Red Bull is just the reverse!

Stop kidding around, mate.

Vettel has been overtaking guys left, right and center for 5 years now whenever he had a chance to, and now that he had one race where you have to risk at least 2 drivers' races in order to overtake, and Vettel risked it once and backed off, you come out of the woodwork like he hasn't overtaken anybody?

Your post is dismissed as ridiculous.

I think Vettel works well under certain amount of pressure. More than that, he just "breaks", just like what we saw today, compared to say, Bahrain or Brazil (was it last year?), or Monza during his Torro Rosso.
No driver can perform without a good team supporting them. Remember Kimi's days with McLaren?
Anyway, these are my opinion. I could be wrong.

Vettel was under the most pressure he's been ever at Interlagos last year, and he did miraculously well to finish 6th in a broken car.

Seriously, Vettel haters, do your hating properly or just let go.

It's always the same story, the hate of the disappointed haters should push him to even better performance.

Exactly.

To me the most annoying part is the levels the Vettel haters go to to diss him. For instance, I absolutely hate Alonso, cannot stand the guy, but you rarely see me spewing that out here, because I respect him as a driver, even though I want to smack his face every time he speaks.

Learn to live a little, finger haters!

Vettel was under the most pressure he's been ever at Interlagos last year, and he did miraculously well to finish 6th in a broken car.

Seriously, Vettel haters, do your hating properly or just let go.

I could be wrong but I think that was not a Vettel hater, quite the opposite actually.
Either way, I think it's best to just ignore all the crap. Otherwise we're going to have the same discussion/mudbath every time Vettel doesn't win. Do we really need to go there?

I'm not a Vettel fan either, not many Australian's are. :)
However, I think Vettel drove a very smart race considering the circumstances around him. He clearly has one eye on the main game (Championship) whilst still trying to get his best finishing place for the Race. It's not always smart to try and be a hero everytime and possibly throw away his big series advantage. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back