1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2013 F1 Australian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by RaceDepartment, Mar 12, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 2
  2. its going to be EPICC!!! Can't wait, F1 Friday Practice 01:30 GMT AM going to be nice to see the cars for the first time running for Melbourne

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can't wait! Seems like forever waiting for Formula 1 to return, and now it's finally here. Here's hoping for another great season!

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I hope the excitement continues where the 2012 season ended. Don't like the track a lot but can't wait to hear the engines again.

Bring it on!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm really excited for the new season to begin. I'll be watching it live on friday am for sure!

6. decisions decisions, do i go with my usual approach of watching everything LIVE... but with a Crappy Stream quality, or do i wait for the highlights on BBC1 7 hours later? which means i would have to avoid the internet for that period of time! lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7 hours without the internet.... good luck :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Whew, that's a tough one.. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

first world problems

10. Weather forecasts suggest a wet qualifying session, and cloudy days for practice and the race. Also much cooler tempetratures than normal for this time of the year in Melbourne. I wonder how this will affect the tyres and their wear?

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The quality of the tires is still a mystery so its indeed very interesting to see what is going to happen.

Some rain would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I havent heard much on the tyres this year, are they different again then? Hopefully shorter lifetime so more stops :D

13. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

I watched the winter testing. They are apparently shorter life. They said 4-5 stops a race at an estimate. However most likely 2-4. Bare in mind it was predicted a 4-5 pit stop race in Australia last year and I think some people where still one stopping. The big change is that I think its the Mediums and Super Softs this year at Australia, instead of the Mediums and the Softs.

14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

"Pitlane speed limits 60km/h in practice; 100km/h in qualifying and race"

Isn't 60km/h throughout the weekend?

15. Nah, the drivers would crap themselves out of anxiety, if they had to roll through the pitlane at 60 km/h during the race :D

16. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

Man what a short off season. Seems like the last season just ended! Not that I'm complaining. I'm just glad I get the NBC Sports network.