2013 Engine format confirmed

Georgios, they are keeping the V8s until 2013 simply because that's what they started with. It wouldn't make much sense for them to change the engine regulations willy-nilly when they have costs to keep track of, plus it gives engine manufacturers more time to prepare for the upcoming regulations. And if a V6 has a longer engine life than a V8, then if they were implemented in F1 the 8-engines-a-year rule would become nearly obsolete...

I know but Mr.Bernie want's to make F1 green (He said so on one of the news of Eurosport during the January of 2009, he might have changed him mind but anyhow) so I would asume that using engines that hold for a longer time but still be as fast as the V8's would be something he would go for.

F1 is already amazing because of technology behind it. It is supposed to be a motorsport not "How to save energy sport". Honda had a go with their "Green F1 Cars" and well you know how bad they were :p. I think F1 cars in 2010 were great so why change it to make it "Green"?

when i heard this, my first thought was they are going to sound horrendous!! but i have faith that they won't.
however what i think will be really exciting is how turbo lag will really bugger drivers over if they make a mistake into a corner

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%