2013 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Surely Di Resta will still be with force india? I mean, he hasnt had the best of seasons but is still a very solid driver.
True. Di Resta may not be the next star driver but he's still good enough for an F1 seat. I forgot about him, so I think Force India will go with Di Resta and Bianchi, with Alguersuari or Kobayashi as third driver.

Sutil was cleared to fly today,so i think Vijay would go with him.

That's a bit odd because his conditional discharge would mean he'd be under limitations for at least 2 but up to 5 years, according to German law.

The sentence was legally binding as of 29th of March 2012, so it would be odd to clear limitations on the 18th of December - in Germany they'd either clear it on 29th of November or 29th of December etc. Anyway, would be great to have him back. :)

That's a bit odd because his conditional discharge would mean he'd be under limitations for at least 2 but up to 5 years, according to German law.

The sentence was legally binding as of 29th of March 2012, so it would be odd to clear limitations on the 18th of December - in Germany they'd either clear it on 29th of November or 29th of December etc. Anyway, would be great to have him back. :)

Perhaps the judge was able to do something for Mr.Sutil ,so he can resume his F1 career in time when a spot is still open:)Such things are possible
Cuz frankly if he doesnt comeback with FI its unlikely he'll be back at all,just my opinion

Agreed.
The fact that he seems to have been a little cranky in recent interviews might also mean that his seat is not 100% secure. Might also have something to do with how Mallya's airline, Kingfisher, is bankrupt and still hasn't paid their employees in several months.
He said his teammate needs to be a "team player," like he's trying to assert himself as the leader Alonso-style.

Also, he keeps talking like he's already got the seat.

Or he actually has the seat locked down but can't talk about it,

I doubt FI has money issues as Vijay just put in another 50 mil or so in the team.
Autosport also see's him as having secured the seat not to mention he's already talking about 2014.

The fact that PDR isn't confirmed by now, makes it all the more likely that both seats will be taken by some other drivers.
Drivers like Sutil, Kovalainen and Alguersuari could potentially take both Force India seats as long as PDR isn't confirmed to have a seat for next year.
Maybe even Kobayashi could be in that mix but I got a feeling we won't see him in 2013. :(

Edit: Didn't read Hampus post... -.-
But Hampus, Autosport is a magazine published in the UK and PDR is from UK so I think you got to question the source a little bit. They might be 100% correct, but why would Force India wait this long to confirm their driver from 2012?

Can somebody tell me why Sutil has been signed, and people like Glock or Kobayashi have not secured a seat? Because to me, Sutil has been underwhelming in F1 thus far. Dont get me wrong, I really like him, but this doesnt seem fair to be honest. This will be his sixth year in the sport, and he really hasn't done enough to deserve a drive for that long.

Can somebody tell me why Sutil has been signed, and people like Glock or Kobayashi have not secured a seat? Because to me, Sutil has been underwhelming in F1 thus far. Dont get me wrong, I really like him, but this doesnt seem fair to be honest. This will be his sixth year in the sport, and he really hasn't done enough to deserve a drive for that long.

Glock has secured a seat. DTM with BMW. When Glock & Marussia decided to end the co-op. Glock didn't even try to secure a FI seat, he went straight to BMW.

Kobayashi I have no idea, maybe because he said he was going to test a GT Ferrari?

And with Sutil FI get money, and a driver that was better than Di Resta last time they drove together.

As much as I would like to see a new driver (or Glock/Kova/Koba) he did actually end up "best of the rest" in 2011.

How long has Bianchi been trying to get an F1 race seat?

Personally I preferred Sutil and Bianchi, but with this year's lineup it's guaranteed that Di Resta will get beaten again. At least he beat Vettel in F3...

How long has Bianchi been trying to get an F1 race seat?

Personally I preferred Sutil and Bianchi, but with this year's lineup it's guaranteed that Di Resta will get beaten again. At least he beat Vettel in F3...
I hoped Sutil would come back to F1, I dont have anything against Bianchi but I believe Sutil is a stronger driver, Di Resta is gonna be hammered this season

Interesting rumour today. Apparently Heikki Kovalainen was down at Marussia doing a seat fitting. Luiz Razia's sponsor money is a no show and there are big doubts if he will even debut.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back