2013 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

:roflmao:

Honestly, is the Hungarian Grand Prix the only race you've watched this year?

I really like Senna, but he's just not cutting it.

No, I've watched every session of every race, the whole way through. If Senna's not cutting it, then neither is Maldonardo, who is apparently competing with Grosjean for number of accidents this year.

Perhaps you've missed all the other occasions where he's collided with someone, or thrown it off the track? But as I recall, he's thrown away a lot of easy points finishes, with some very stupid moves.

I really like Senna, but he's just not cutting it.

Agreed. Senna has had his chance, two and a half seasons basically, and he's certainly not impressed. Bottas looks quick from all of the practice sessions, young drivers test and I think there was some other test in Silverstone which he took part in. He looks promising..

I like Senna, but his time is up. His name is the only reason why he was given so much time to prove himself.

I'm far from convinced that this is the last we've seen of Senna, he is extremely likable, PR-friendly, comes with loads of money, and is easy to use for marketing.
And I refuse to make up my mind on a driver that hasn't really had a complete chance for a year yet.

My predictions:
Grosjean to remain at Lotus.
Di Resta out of Force India, with Bianchi and Alguersuari in.
Maldonado to remain at Williams, with Bottas replacing Senna.
Van Der Garde will take the Caterham seat.
Chilton will take the Marussia seat.

. If Senna's not cutting it, then neither is Maldonardo

Spain

Qualification
Maldonado qualifies 1st (2nd but Hamilton excl.)
Senna spins out in Q1 and qualifies 17th (18th but Hamilton excl.)

Race
Maldonado fights off Alonso for the win.
Senna does a long first stint. Collision with Schumacher when just inside the points (he hadn't pitted yet, so theoretically, out of the points by 1 pitstop)

Damn, I'm extremely disappointed that Kamui won't be featuring on the starting grid for 2013.

Wish him all the best for the future, would love to see him back on the grid in 2014.

A driver of his caliber shouldn't lose his seat due to lack of funding.

Updated to include Grosjean and remove HRT.

Just 3 seats to be confirmed now.

FI did not confirm either of their drivers yet, so it's 4.

Marussia, Caterham, 2x Force India.

All confirmed (i.e. there was a press release about them having gotten a contract etc.) drivers can be found here.

I'm glad that Grosjean is still around in F1. Whether you like him or not, he is a great character and his smile is brilliant. :) Sure he's made some brutal errors last season but he is sure to improve and he has raw pace which a few other young drivers have lacked in recent times.

Grosjean is actually similar to Hamilton from 2011. Fast in a great car but seemed to be magnetic to other drivers. Hamilton made a massive improvement from 2011 to 2012, so I hope Grosjean can also improve for 2013.

Kobayashi stated he was unable to secure a competitive seat, suggesting that he was competing with Grosjean for Lotus.

I've read a rumour that Max Chilton's contract with Marussia will be announced later this week.

My updated predictions:
Marussia: Chilton
Caterham: Van der Garde
Force India: Bianchi, Alguersuari

Alguersuari is someone I'd want to see next year, but I think realistically Senna will get the seat, thanks to his sponsorship.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%