2013 24 Hours of Le Mans

Audi will run a long tail version of their R18 for Le Mans.
But will be introduced at WEC´s SPA Franchorchamps round.

Also found this sweet video. First chicane in Monza removed and curva grande completely flat.

long tail,
8678919976_44329b222c_o.jpg

short tail,
Audi-R18-TDI-2011-Le-Mans-24-Hour-Winner-2.jpg

long tail,
8678919976_44329b222c_o.jpg

Just a note for the uber-geeks like me, the reason the wheels on the car look a bit odd is that it was assisting Michelin in testing the narrower LMP1 tyres being introduced as part of the 2014 LMP1 rules :thumbsup:

For me the big deal at this year's LM is definitely going to be the GT battle. The cameras may focus mostly on Toyota vs. Audi, but in GTE Pro, you've got works Aston vs. works Vettes vs. works Ferraris (they are, despite AF Corse's official party line) vs. works Porsche vs. works Vipers. Going to be absolutely epic, and the driver line-ups are just brimming with top-level talent. Don't think anyone's even thinking about making any predictions on who'll come out on top.

So with the event drawing near: it might be worth a shot to try and compile a list of people paying a visit to this years' race. :)

Cannot wait to go down for the first time. there is about 8-10 of us going :D my first time but for the last 4 or 5 years watched almost the whole race at my house.

Sim racing on one screen race on other, get friends round race the race on computer and drinking eating stuff having fun listening to the radiolemans coverage. That was fun just cant wait to be there with the same set of people :d

Could everyone who's going please send me a message until at one week before the race at the latest? That way we can exchange phone numbers etc. to arrange everything and make it easier to meet up. I'll take care of the list. :)

Please include, if comfortable with sharing such information:
  • where you are located (name / number of the grandstand or corner or camping site)
  • phone number including country code (i.e. 0049 1234 5678)
  • other means to contact you, i.e. if you prefer email and get emails on your phone anyway

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%