1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2013 24 Hours of Daytona Preview

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jan 23, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

Guest article submitted by Thilo Falkenberg

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

Figures...speed showing flag to flag coverage, and I have to work both days...

3. You too! What a shame. Catch what I can, but sure do prefer watching start to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Ill have a look if we can embed an official live stream with permission for those of us that don't have Speed TV. Hate to miss out on such events.

Thanks for the great article Thilo.

5. Earlier today, Radio Le Mans posted the following on their website.

"Following on from the great success of our full, live broadcasts from the Rolex 24 last January, Radio Show Limited, Grand Am and MRN have been working toward an agreement which would have allowed RSL the same level of access and coverage for 2013. Agreements like this are complicated and time consuming. It is surely ironic, that in discussions regarding a 24 Hour race, the clock has won, with time simply running out before all details could be finalised. Despite RSL's commentators not being able to broadcast from Daytona International Speedway, the team will still be offering comprehensive coverage of the 51st running of this marquee event.

Paul Truswell, Nick Daman, Joe Bradley and John Hindhaugh will be calling the action from Thursday qualifying, Friday practice and of course the whole race live. The ongoing partnership with Motors TV will mean that the RSL audio will be augemented with live TV pictures for the majority of the race.

Adding to the flow of information live from the Speedway, will be several guests including Radiolemans.com pit lane reporter Shea Adam, Dailysportscar.com editor Graham Goodwin, Racecar Engineering Editor Andrew Cotton plus drivers and team personnel.

In the endeavour to make our broadcast from this year's Rolex 24 at Daytona a reality, RSL would like to recognise the efforts of everyone at Daytona, Grand Am, MRN, Speed and MotorsTV, the financial assistance of sponsors, plus support offered by teams, drivers and especially the fans of endurance racing in the USA, UK and worldwide."

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bram

Bram

Help me out please, RSL?

7. That are great news. :) There has been a statement on the Radio Le Mans forum that said it is not going to happen. To read now they signed a last minute deal is great.

Also thanks on your good words on my article :)

8. RSL = Radio Show Limited, the production company behind Radio Le Mans

• Like Like x 1
  9. Forgot to add that last year at about this time my cable TV connection crapped out on me and I missed out on watching the race completely. I had to rely on the radio coverage from MRN radio and Radio Le Mans to get the word pictures of the race.

10. Bram

Bram

Fingers crossed :)

11. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

Almost time! :D

12. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Here we go on MotorsTV :).

13. So speed tv provides full coverage of this, yet they walked away from Formula 1 :(

anyways, who is going to be up for 24 hours!

anyways speed.tv has some good streaming: http://stream.speedtv.com/rolex24

14. I would have liked to see the end of the race, but I was scheduled for a shift that was to have started at Noon US EST on Sunday for me. Instead, I started work at 9:30 am because someone called off earlier in the morning.:(