2012 World Touring Car Championship

I'm happy that the Hungaroring is there again, the atmosphere was really fantastic there! We might go to that race again.

Brno is out though:( That's another race that I could possibly reach, as it's only 300km-s from where I live. Salzburg is 500km-s, I was there once in '99 (not to visit a race), things were going better for my family then:) Fantastic surroundings there. But it's definitely out of my reach now.

I don't really get this reach for new markets bullshit. Especially the USA event. What do they expect from this?
All the teams are European, all their drivers, all their sponsors.

There are some good news though. On the European races the "old" S2000 cars will be allowed to drive. So this means that at Hungaroring probably there will be an Alfa Romeo 156 and a Peugeot 407. :)

The FIA World Motor Sport Council also approved last Wednesday a number of changes to the WTCC Sporting Regulations.

RACE DISTANCE – To enhance competition, the race distance that was previously limited to 50 km has been increased to a range from a minimum of 50 km to a maximum of 60.

ELIGIBLE CARS – In 2012 only Super 2000 cars powered by the 1.6-litre turbo engine will be eligible for full season entries. Older cars powered by 2.0L normally aspirated or turbo-diesel engines may only accepted on a race-by-race basis.

Thank you KSO for deleting the coolest event of the year at Oschersleben, Germany and keeping crap circuits as Morocco and Curitiba on the calendar together with events at Valencia where even if you give away the tickets for free like the last years, nobody shows up :(
So now North and Western Europeans have no option other than to go all the way to Monza or the Salzburgring as the nearest GP. Great, keep on ignoring Nurburgring, Zandvoort, Zolder, Brands Hatch, Donington, Anderstorp, Mantorp and Spa and keep filling those pockets with money!

Unbelievable! #OccupyWTCC

Valencia, the people of valencia seemingly hate cars, I remember some years back when I went to do some work there with the FIA GT and you could count the crowd on two hands, no exaggeration !!

Nothing has changed I see lol

Valencia, the people of valencia seemingly hate cars, I remember some years back when I went to do some work there with the FIA GT and you could count the crowd on two hands, no exaggeration !!

Nothing has changed I see lol

More into bikes I think, I know few Valencian's mad about car racing though ;)

The only ones in that city loving race cars is David Garcia and his brother :)

Also if you are visiting the event you are sitting so far away from the track. The only 3 visitors i have seen there were in the paddock :)

Any Touring car series, (the low HP ones with regular cars) have been destroyed.

They have done everything they can to nerf BMW and it´s RWD but now when diesel, turbo and FWD is dominating then nothing is done to un-nerf BMW. To me the series is dead because of that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%